GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
IMO… that’s one of those common cases it seems with the current “work from home” world we are in, the real question is - is it really long hours or bursts of short hours- that come off as “long” hours , lol.
Good point haha

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I like this plan and the transparency of it all. My only complaint with EQT would be the one week for revisions but I knew that going in and I understand they’re busy. I also know they probably work long hours as I’ve received revisions that would be 3am PST. And typically it’s been 7 days for the reply or revision. If I was going to do it all again I’d probably pay for a live session and the dyno time.

Yeah. You don't even have to pay for a dyno, you can book live tuning time and just do it on the road. The 7 day turn around is a bit rough, but they are least let you know that up front. That is my main complaint about starting the tuning process, you are just in the dark with no idea when it'll start.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Yeah. You don't even have to pay for a dyno, you can book live tuning time and just do it on the road. The 7 day turn around is a bit rough, but they are least let you know that up front. That is my main complaint about starting the tuning process, you are just in the dark with no idea when it'll start.
I say dyno time because let’s be honest, making 4th gear rips on the road isn’t the best idea. For those that have deserted 2 lane roads with nice surfaces I envy you.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I say dyno time because let’s be honest, making 4th gear rips on the road isn’t the best idea. For those that have deserted 2 lane roads with nice surfaces I envy you.
That's exactly why I got live dyno tuned remotely. That and I was done with 8 revisions in 3 hours.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Any updates?

I've been keeping this post updated, but haven't had anything in a few days. Sneeky sent me a message yesterday saying "Some rail pressure drop off up top, usually the first solution is low fuel level. Not much better on this last log, but I can work around it.", which I already knew since I had talked to @El_bigote_AJ about it lol. Would hope to see 2nd revision files soon. Sneeky says 1 - 3 business days, and today is business day 3. Nick says within 7 business days, and today is business day 4. Have tickets to a 10pm showing of Eternals on Friday with some friends, and the theater is by a highway that's pretty empty, especially at 12:30 - 1am when we'd get out. Would make grabbing some logs pretty easy if I have updated files by then :)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well, there's this:

1635875461111.png

You definitely feel that lol.

My stage 2 tune would peak at 28psi at like 3600rpms, carry that to about 4100rpms, then start to drop and taper down to about 18psi at redline.

This doesn't drop and taper down. It spools to 25psi around 3200rpms, the keeps rising and tapers up to redline.

And yeah. No LPFP, only the HPFP. No easy access to corn, and really didn't want to mess with fueling. Only even did the HPFP because EQT said (or at least I believe they said), they wouldn't tune Vortex's without it any longer. I'm not trying to squeeze out every last bit of performance out of my car. It's a daily driver, and just wanted to give it a nice shot of pep to liven it up even more.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Well, there's this:

View attachment 229542

You definitely feel that lol.

My stage 2 tune would peak at 28psi at like 3600rpms, carry that to about 4100rpms, then start to drop and taper down to about 18psi at redline.

This doesn't drop and taper down. It spools to 25psi around 3200rpms, the keeps rising and tapers up to redline.

And yeah. No LPFP, only the HPFP. No easy access to corn, and really didn't want to mess with fueling. Only even did the HPFP because EQT said (or at least I believe they said), they wouldn't tune Vortex's without it any longer. I'm not trying to squeeze out every last bit of performance out of my car. It's a daily driver, and just wanted to give it a nice shot of pep to liven it up even more.
Nice.

Yeah - I'm in the same boat as you, but will most likely end up going with TPC once they release the new line.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Toast as in can't keep up with demand. But that could also be because Sneaky doesn't increase duty. That's why I said to add it. You can change what you log for your own information even if it isn't on the list of what your tuner wants to see.

Ok. As long as there's nothing "wrong" with it, I'm fine with it lol. My plan was never to push the Vortex to its limits. It was to slap it on, and get what I can out of it.

And yeah, I know I can add it on, and probably will. Was just explaining why it was on one, and missing from the other.