GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well, fuck. The bad "good" news is my internals look fine. Haven't run it yet, anxiously disassembled my old pump. Not ruling it out until I run the car, but was really expecting to see a ducked up piston :(

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Logs shortly, but I am feeling very hopeful. This was very low in third, but I'm seeing over 3500psi at 75% volume...

20211215_143833.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I def. wouldn't write off hardware.... looking at both tuner logs your HPFP stays at 100% (94% lowest I saw) through the full range. when I look at my logs it's in the 50s range up top and I checked you pre-upgraded pump log and it behaved the same way where the percent drops as the RPMs increase - I mean it wouldn't be the first time we have seem aftermarket hpfp issues.

ED7E3714-855F-4838-AB3A-66AA9BC5846A.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So what the fuck was wrong with yours?

No clue. They look fine to me? Could have been something just f'd up with the install?

I'm a little hesitant to just box them up and sell them since I don't know if there's anything wrong with them. At the same time, I'm not sure I can warranty them through Autotech since... I don't know if there's anything wrong with them...

1639601392369.png

1639601417514.png

Will still probably reach out to Autotech regardless.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah, auto tech needs to see that there was still Cleary something wrong.

Did you use your oem housing or another one?

I used my stock housing. I tried buying a used one so I wouldn't have to take mine apart, but got impatient before I could find a reasonably priced one 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm glad it's working right at this point (until you guys tell me the next thing that's wrong 😂), but this probably means I didn't need to spend $750 on a LPFP upgrade... Oh well.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm glad it's working right at this point (until you guys tell me the next thing that's wrong 😂), but this probably means I didn't need to spend $750 on a LPFP upgrade... Oh well.
Yes you did.

Everyone on a “hpfp only” has to get neutered up top, (that’s when lpfps start to not be able to keep up with the hpfps flow)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So is it back to logging to fine tune it now?

Yup. I'll go out in another 6 hours when the highways are cleared and pull some full logs of both tunes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes you did.

Everyone on a “hpfp only” has to get neutered up top, (that’s when lpfps start to not be able to keep up with the hpfps flow)

Even if that's not true and you're just trying to make me feel better... lie to me daddy :ROFLMAO: