GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Usually, no. Eyes on the road. Not watching my AP while doing 100mph+. However, I don't normally do more than 1 or 2 pulls at a time before heading back and looking at the logs. I don't thrash on it while working all the tuning out.
I completely understand keeping your eyes on the road. I’m on Eurodyne and it’s 100x harder to monitor anything while logging. My previous tuner made some changes to my tune that caused my fuel pressure to oscillate wildly. I ended up getting a copilot to monitor my fuel pressure while logging and once they saw the pressure fluctuate I’d abort the pull.

i just don’t want to see you cook a piston.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I think you should replace the LPFP line. That check valve in there looks like it could seriously back up some flow. IMO

How many HPFP/LPFP cars do we know with the stock fuel lines? Have they encountered this low rail pressure/100% HPFP duty problem?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If I put in this replacement pump today, still have pressure issues, AND disassemble my original one and the piston doesn't look damaged, I'll assume my current pump was fine and start looking at other things, probably lines.

In the case I still have issues, is there any thing else to do or check first before continuing to just throw money at random things that are "the most likely" culprit?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
If I put in this replacement pump today, still have pressure issues, AND disassemble my original one and the piston doesn't look damaged, I'll assume my current pump was fine and start looking at other things, probably lines.

In the case I still have issues, is there any thing else to do or check first before continuing to just throw money at random things that are "the most likely" culprit?
What about what Sneeky said - to make sure that the LPFP is seated?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1639579933067.png

Anxious to get my car into the garage and disassemble my fuel pump.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Alright, starting that process to pull mine and be ready for the new one. Pulled the HPFP fuse and letting it idle till it dies. Which is taking forever this go around.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

You're in so deep now I don't see that you have any choice but to find the most likely culprit.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I also gotta say - you're brave as shit. Buying an HPFP off a guy, who bought it off a guy... Respect. Fingers crossed for you homey.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Alright, so fuel pump came, and swapping them out.

And I don't think this is good. Although, would love it if you all said it was normal lol.

I don't recall there being this much oil in there when I did the original swap. And while I know I coated things with a very thin coat of oil, it definitely wasn't that much.

1639595165658.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I bought my manifold from...JerseyDrew. Who never installed it and bought it from Railroader. Turned out fine.
Those guys are legends though. He'll most likely be fine. Just commenting on his bravery.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Alright, so fuel pump came, and swapping them out.

And I don't think this is good. Although, would love it if you all said it was normal lol.

I don't recall there being this much oil in there when I did the original swap. And while I know I coated things with a very thin coat of oil, it definitely wasn't that much.

View attachment 232877
I had a bunch of oil when I removed the factory HPFP off my MK6 if that means anything to you.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thank you both. Immediate panic averted lol.

"New" pump on, putting the intake back on and will disassemble the original one.