GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ok
Last offer.

31k for my 18 R with 27k miles On it. Only need a front crash bar that is made of unobtainium.

no low ballers, I know what I have. Lmao!!!!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Looks right to me. @toothofwar's thread looking for the crashbar says "with autobrake" but it doesn't need to be described that way for a 7.5.

The facelift cars have the autobrake/ACC sensor behind the emblem. Prefacelift had it mounted in the lower grill so the crash bar had posts sticking out the bottom to mount the sensor.

If your car has the sensor behind the emblem you can get both types of crash bar. If you get a prefacelift "with autobrake" crash bar you could cut off the lower mount points, if you care about them being there.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks right to me. @toothofwar's thread looking for the crashbar says "with autobrake" but it doesn't need to be described that way for a 7.5.

The facelift cars have the autobrake/ACC sensor behind the emblem. Prefacelift had it mounted in the lower grill so the crash bar had posts sticking out the bottom to mount the sensor.

If your car has the sensor behind the emblem you can get both types of crash bar. If you get a prefacelift "with autobrake" crash bar you could cut off the lower mount points, if you care about them being there.

Not even. The pre-facelift crash bars for acc\auto-brake have a bracket on the underside in the center (it might be removable, I don't recall). But I know the ones you're talking about.

1668097719380.png

Mine doesn't have those left\right downward brackets.

1668097822894.png

Either way, if it's the wrong crash bar, it's the wrong crash bar. But it wouldn't have anything to do with it being for a GTI since they're interchangeable (if you get the right one). Just trying to be helpful.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I shouldn't have said "mounted in the lower grill." I should have said located in the lower grill, but mounted to the crash bar, hanging down. They are not removable.

If you have a facelift car you can buy either bar, you just won't use the mounts on the bottom since your sensor is mounted behind the emblem.
If you have a pre-facelift car with autobrake/ACC then you have to get the pre-facelift crash bar with the tabs on the bottom to mount your sensor.
Crash bars.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I shouldn't have said "mounted in the lower grill." I should have said located in the lower grill, but mounted to the crash bar, hanging down. They are not removable.

If you have a facelift car you can buy either bar, you just won't use the mounts on the bottom since your sensor is mounted behind the emblem.
If you have a pre-facelift car with autobrake/ACC then you have to get the pre-facelift crash bar with the tabs on the bottom to mount your sensor.
View attachment 265225

I should really know better than to try and correct you 🤣

Regardless, sounds like it was just a miscommunication, talking about different things. I thought you were taking about those bars in yellow.

So yeah, despite the fact that @toothofwar didn't offer me a GTI, I'm not going crazy, and the bar I linked should work for him...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
As an aside, the ROW crash bar is shorter (front to back)... I've had one in my garage 🤦‍♂️.
Does anyone know if the ROW Golfs have "stubby" front bumpers like some Golfs in the past?

Yea for sure no worries... and yeah @toothofwar can get any bar available, facelift/pre-facelift with/without sensor. And $55 shipping on that ebay link is pretty good.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That one has non auto breaking. I'll need the one with auto breaking. Ill have to dig back up the part number. All the ones I have found is the wrong part number so far.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
PART#5GM-807-109-AE

This one I haven't found in stock anywhere.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That one has non auto breaking. I'll need the one with auto breaking. Ill have to dig back up the part number. All the ones I have found is the wrong part number so far.

But like @Cuzoe said, with your sensor mounted behind the VW emblem, what makes the "with auto braking" one different? What bracket or mounting point does it have in it that that one doesn't?

Just trying to understand so I can keep my eyes out of I see the right one for you.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Unfortunately I'm not sure. The body shop has my car and I cant find good pictures Of both to compare.