GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
One year ago today...

20211023_180215.jpg

Boy does time fly when you're having fun.

Meanwhile, just crossed 75k in my R.

P_20221019_080937.jpg

And still smiling because it's all sunshine and rainbows 😂

P_20221022_160643.jpg

Seriously though, R is doing better than ever. Carbon cleaning seemed to clear up the little bit of surge/hesitation the car had in 1st/2nd under 20mph. And took off the drivers side front brakes yesterday, re-lubed everything, and that cleared up a bit of annoying rubbing noise I had.

Still keeping my eyes open for a local 7.5 R that checks all the boxes, but not in any hurry. Wouldn't mind waiting until after the winter (at least make it 1 year with this R 😂). But we'll see what the future brings.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Talk about a year ago.......I had just put on EQT coilovers.....then I went bags.....I'm about to go back to coilovers.....all in under 1.5 years LOL.....#modlyfe

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Talk about a year ago.......I had just put on EQT coilovers.....then I went bags.....I'm about to go back to coilovers.....all in under 1.5 years LOL.....#modlyfe

You change your suspension like riceburner changes cars 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's funny. But you're getting there.....

1668025352980.png

🤣 🤣

This R is the first car I'm looking to change from in a relatively short period. Usually I keep my cars 3 - 4 years before looking to change. GTI was in line with that. Planned on this R being in line with that, which is why I justified buying a car with 65k on the odo. Keep it 3 - 4 years, put 30k - 40k miles on it, move on. But since coming to the conclusion of "There really isn't much to move on to, I kinda want an R to keep long term", I'd rather start with one with lower miles. Which is why I'm looking for that 7.5 R with < ~40k miles. It'll be easier to find that now than in another 2 - 3 years.

An R is just such a good god damn car.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
View attachment 265139

🤣 🤣

This R is the first car I'm looking to change from in a relatively short period. Usually I keep my cars 3 - 4 years before looking to change. GTI was in line with that. Planned on this R being in line with that, which is why I justified buying a car with 65k on the odo. Keep it 3 - 4 years, put 30k - 40k miles on it, move on. But since coming to the conclusion of "There really isn't much to move on to, I kinda want an R to keep long term", I'd rather start with one with lower miles. Which is why I'm looking for that 7.5 R with < ~40k miles. It'll be easier to find that now than in another 2 - 3 years.

An R is just such a good god damn car.

Yeah no I hear ya.....and I have been the same way until this GTI.....bought new (2 miles) so all miles are mine and there's a comfort level in that I know EVERYTHING about this car and really like it to boot....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
He needs the car to shift, manage traction , and make tea for him though. Will your track car do any of that

How else am I supposed to eat my cereal while driving?

522c3f54-9b92-4d73-8137-6b3ae90e7ede_text.gif

I did hear his car would accelerate the rate at which my chest hair grows though, so it has that going for it 🤣