GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Personally, I don’t get it. People talk about BMWs and I don’t find them that good looking and I don’t find them to be the driving experience everyone raves about. Ass for every seat and all, I get it, but they just don’t do it for me.
They've never done anything for me either. The M3 from the 90s is pretty damn cool though.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
They've never done anything for me either. The M3 from the 90s is pretty damn cool though.

You know what, I will take that back a little, my friend had a 323i in high school. It was so clean and really nice. That era was pretty iconic to me. Then to @Daks comment…
Basic bitch interior since 1980.
They haven’t updated the interior since. Correct.

Back in my domestic muscle cars rulez days I got the chance to drive and S3, circa 2003-ish. I fell in love with that car instantly. That’s the feeling I expect when I drive a BMW and it never happened.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Personally, I don’t get it. People talk about BMWs and I don’t find them that good looking and I don’t find them to be the driving experience everyone raves about. Ass for every seat and all, I get it, but they just don’t do it for me.
The styling is hit or miss, seems to go in cycles. They'll get a little too "avant garde" and end up hideous, then reel it on the next gen. As far as driving dynamics, up to the mid 2000's, they were pretty special and great to drive, but they badly lost their way over the last 15 years.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Basic bitch interior since 1980.

It's why I could never get one. Interior is important to me. That's one of the things I love about the GLI Autobahns, is the interior. I think it's fantastic for the price.

I'm 100% convinced that BMW\MB\Lexus all still have a CD player in the infotainment area of the majority of their cars because they know they're made for the 65+ age group, and they need to be able to listen to their Duke Ellington CDs...

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I'm 100% convinced that BMW\MB\Lexus all still have a CD player in the infotainment area of the majority of their cars because they know they're made for the 65+ age group, and they need to be able to listen to their Duke Ellington CDs...
This is accurate. I was reading a press release on the, then new Avalon, and Toyota was still including a cassette player because they knew the target demographic was going to look for it.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The styling is hit or miss, seems to go in cycles. They'll get a little too "avant garde" and end up hideous, then reel it on the next gen. As far as driving dynamics, up to the mid 2000's, they were pretty special and great to drive, but they badly lost their way over the last 15 years.
They're definitely in an avant garde phase now but I suspect unlike the bangle butt era we wouldn't look back on this one and go, that wasn't so bad. Those new front ends are atrocious.

As far as driving dynamics go the BMW's were always better than you expect them to be, especially the lower end models. Hell even my old E60 handled the road very well when you consider its a heavy mid-size luxury sedan.

M2 is on the short list for me for a GTI replacement when the time comes, assuming they fix their design language by that time.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sell the wife's Nissan and get a M4 replacement.

Happy wife something something

Next time you're here, open the door to her car, and let me know how well of an idea you think her getting an M4 is...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R