GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So. To do list:

- Ruth's will be here tomorrow. Do a compression test and throw those in.
- I got a knockoff EQT Pro Coil Grounding kit off Facebook. Was meant for the GTI, but will work with the R. Some guy saw people paying EQT $135 for them, and seized the opportunity to make them and sell them for half that lol. That will go in as well. Only expected benefit is never having to deal with those stupid ground wires and studs again
- The harness for my sequential Euro tails should be here by Friday. Get those back in.
- Already reached out to Cobb to relicense my AP. Looking at $500 for all that. Relicense, stage 1 and DSG tune. Will probably just stick with EQT.
- Need to get the windows tinted. Like ASAP. Will do 20%, local place is around $250.
- I have an auto delivery of oil and filters set up every February & August. Even though they just changed the oil, I have no idea what they put in, so I'll just do it again.
- Somewhere along the line, I need to get some monster mats. Came with cloth ones, and hate them.
- Need a new steering wheel. Will probably do solid leather all around, grey stitching. $400.

That should cover the next 6 weeks and first $1,500 or so. Once that's done, I'll probably see how I'm feeling about the stock exhaust, and maybe look at replacing that. Probably start eyeballing some new wheels once we get past winter. Will probably stick with 19".

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
=
So EQT > sneenky then ?

Look. I've wasted thousands of dollars by now. I don't even want to try to figure out an exact number. I'm at the point where every little bit counts. And EQT is cheaper than Sneeky, surprisingly 😂

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Ruth's will be here tomorrow. Thanks Rock Auto!
Probably a dumb question but what are Ruth's?

- Need a new steering wheel. Will probably do solid leather all around, grey stitching. $400.
Where are you finding an all leather wheel for $400? I checked the link you posted a few pages back but can't find all leather for $400, but I also don't know squat about AliExpress.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh shit. Next win for the R.

I just realized it came with a DoubleApex button!

1643857343815.png

I thought it was Homelink until looking into it, and realizing there is no Homelink button for that spot.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
The ads i get half the time make zero sense