GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Removing the manifold is about a 3/10. Turbo is 6/10 on difficulty
Jay. I wasn't able to remove my manifold without taking the fuel line off. Putting it back, I also can't put it back with the line in place. So manifold goes in then the fuel line that bolts to the fuel rail but it's impossible to tighten the line once the manifold is on. I ordered a 17m stubby in the hopes that it helps me. Any bother ideas? Otherwise it's getting towed to a shop

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Jay. I wasn't able to remove my manifold without taking the fuel line off. Putting it back, I also can't put it back with the line in place. So manifold goes in then the fuel line that bolts to the fuel rail but it's impossible to tighten the line once the manifold is on. I ordered a 17m stubby in the hopes that it helps me. Any bother ideas? Otherwise it's getting towed to a shop

Which one did you order?

Probably not much help since I have no hands on experience yet and I imagine you've seen the video 10 times already, but just in case you haven't, on the FCP video, looks like they install the fuel line loosely on the HPFP, get the manifold in place but not bolted down, then hand thread the fuel line to the rail and finish with a 17mm.

Holy run on sentence.

Good luck.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It will still show up as TD1 at the dealer even on stage 0 file or unmarried.

I'm aware. I know the dealer can still tell. I mean sitting on a test drive, if someone tuned a care at one point with an Accessport, then uninstalled the tune, there is no way you to tell that the car was tuned before.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Which one did you order?

Probably not much help since I have no hands on experience yet and I imagine you've seen the video 10 times already, but just in case you haven't, on the FCP video, looks like they install the fuel line loosely on the HPFP, get the manifold in place but not bolted down, then hand thread the fuel line to the rail and finish with a 17mm.

Holy run on sentence.

Good luck.
What I did. But no Bueno

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I contacted someone at a VW dealer and he ran my ViN. No TD1. Meanwhile, it was tuned. What can you do? It’s a risk and likely it has been if you don’t own it from day one. I had to come to terms with that when looking at these cars. The best way would be to set up an email form to all the major players and shoot them the VINS to run in their servers.
The only wrinkle to this is has your car been to VW since the tune (plugged in?). VW wouldn't know to TD1 your car until they realize your flash count doesn't match theirs.

My car, for example, isn't TD1'd with volkswagen. That's because I haven't been back to volkswagen since my tune. I'm sure if I went back now I might run into some issues.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
The only wrinkle to this is has your car been to VW since the tune (plugged in?). VW wouldn't know to TD1 your car until they realize your flash count doesn't match theirs.

My car, for example, isn't TD1'd with volkswagen. That's because I haven't been back to volkswagen since my tune. I'm sure if I went back now I might run into some issues.
That was the rub. I thought the CARFAX had shown it, but I don’t recall at this point. I had the water pump put in under warranty right after I got it. I also had them program a key so lord knows if it’s been flagged at this point.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Exactly. Basically at the end of the day, there's a few things you can check to try and minimize the chance, but the only full stop way to know is bring it to a VW dealer on a test drive, and pay for an hour of shop time to have it scanned.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Well yeah you have to take the fuel line off. Stubby wrenches ftw. You could try a crows foot maybe. you completely tighten the manifold before even touching the fuel line. It's tight, just keep at it. You'll get it

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Not sure whats different from the 1.8 and 2.0 externally, but you can wrestle the manifold on and off with the hardline from the hpfp connected to the DI rail on the 1.8. I did it 3 times after seeing the injector plates out. The little triple square brace next to the throttle body and the throttle body pipe are nightmares. At least with aftermarket IC pipes. Had I just dropped those it would have been easier.

You'll need to loosen the hardline screws by the coil packs to move it out of the way though.

Just make sure to clip everything on for the vacuum lines on the back and watch for pinching and angle it in from passenger to driver side. Made a lot quicker to button up when putting in the chamber divider plates the 3rd time it was off.😂

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Not sure whats different from the 1.8 and 2.0 externally, but you can wrestle the manifold on and off with the hardline from the hpfp connected to the DI rail on the 1.8. I did it 3 times after seeing the injector plates out. The little triple square brace next to the throttle body and the throttle body pipe are nightmares. At least with aftermarket IC pipes. Had I just dropped those it would have been easier.

You'll need to loosen the hardline screws by the coil packs to move it out of the way though.

Just make sure to clip everything on for the vacuum lines on the back and watch for pinching and angle it in from passenger to driver side. Made a lot quicker to button up when putting in the chamber divider plates the 3rd time it was off.😂
No chance to get the manifold on or off with the rail on. I’m really hoping the stubby does the trick.

The throttle pipe is hard But it’s possible, tightening the fuel line with a regular wrench is impossible.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R