GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Disagree i think its great. Most of the best mk7.5 options none of the mk8 nonsense (except the steering wheel). Heated and cooled seats. Its free real estate

I agree 2019 - 2021. 100%. Just those changes for 2022. What were they thinking?!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Looks slow, I bet she was bored

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
What he said. I had oil on number 4s threads and a little on 1. You'll be alright. Do you have clouds of smoke behind you? Are you burning oil? Well is your engine having misfires or stumbling to the point you get hide cylinder epcs?

No?
Then you're fine. It's something to keep an eye on, but until symptoms worsen it's nothing but that.

How many miles again?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Acadia part out his car yet?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I bet I could get a new car and install an intercooler in it before @GTIfan99 gets his in...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I didn't look. But why would there be? You're not getting any epcs or cels, you just have some oil on a plug. Chill.

How about if things were spiced up and I moved to a 6MT 7.5 R??

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Id be jelly

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Id be jelly

If I found the right one for the right price, I'd consider it. I mean, I'd much prefer the DSG, obviously. Ideally I'd find another Orxy White Pearl DSG, under 40k miles, for like $36k - $38k. The thought with that is I could probably change cars and my wife wouldn't even notice 🤣

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
How about if things were spiced up and I moved to a 6MT 7.5 R??
Nah. Same thing, and you'd need a clutch. Don't believe the bullshit these people tell you that it holds etc.. It won't hold stage one. You're buying used, you won't know how the previous owner drove it. Clutch mod is like 3K - not worth IMO. You have a wicked car man, you have the fancy dash, nice spoiler, wheels. If it was me, I'd get a used hybrid and a HPFP, don't go crazy with sensors and a LPFP. $3K all in with the tune, you have a 450 HP car that has traction. A dream.