GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks. A bit far of a drive though. Right now I have a lead on someone who said they'd give me a set of Detroits with some cosmetic damage but decent tires for free. So planning on grabbing those, and depending on how they look, just sanding and rattle canning them if they're way too bad.
People put pick up only, but I find are willing to ship if you cover the cost. I just got 3 tires shipped and I think it was around $100. Just a thought.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
@Acadia18

Oh no!!

F19972B2-0249-455E-95DD-7C06E592FF28.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm conflicted about if when the carbon cleaning gets done, if I should pull, clean, and reseal my injectors while I'm in there. It's like what, about an extra $100 for the tool kit and reseal kit, and an extra hour of time?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don’t do that… you’re not even gonna keep the car past another 10k and you’re stage 2 anyways, running a highly untaxed fuel system, let alone just to clean the outside of the injectors…

Stage 1 🤣

Sounds good to me.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I'm conflicted about if when the carbon cleaning gets done, if I should pull, clean, and reseal my injectors while I'm in there. It's like what, about an extra $100 for the tool kit and reseal kit, and an extra hour of time?
Don't waste your time, they'll fail eventually regardless. Replace them now or wait till it happens and replace them then.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Don't get paranoid over my thread. You have no reason to suspect anything. Besides, you resealing them is like the HPFP assembly, fuck that noise. Golf R injectors are cheap. Buy new ones.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don't get paranoid over my thread. You have no reason to suspect anything. Besides, you resealing them is like the HPFP assembly, fuck that noise. Golf R injectors are cheap. Buy new ones.

Don't get me wrong. I suspect nothing with the injectors at all, and aren't paranoid about anything with them. It was more of just a "Hmm... since I'm already going to be in there and this seems cheap and easy enough..." kinda thing.

Resealing them didn't look too bad of a job.

Although, you're right! They are super cheap!

1664367399541.png

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Resealing is a cake walk with the right tools. I’ve seen people go to size the seals and roll it. I’ve seen some overlap dual seals and size them to each other. These people *ahem-cough person* is a mongoloid.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia Puts China Injectors In To Watch Jay's Head Explode​

🤣 🤣

@jay745, you said they're going to fail anyway, so....