GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Jay is going to love this photo....we didn't use the service position again!

View attachment 259343
Screenshot_20220827-181609_Firefox.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

We jacked up my car at 12:45. Before 1:30 even hit, the stock IC was fully out. The wheels touched back down at 2:58. And that was with about 30 minutes of dicking with fender liners and my belly pan. I just can't see the service position being any more easier or useful. Again, maybe if you're working solo. but with two people, it's 100% unnecessary, and doesn't make things harder or complicated. Just put something underneath to support the stack.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
We jacked up my car at 12:45. Before 1:30 even hit, the stock IC was fully out. The wheels touched back down at 2:58. And that was with about 30 minutes of dicking with fender liners and my belly pan. I just can't see the service position being any more easier or useful. Again, maybe if you're working solo. but with two people, it's 100% unnecessary, and doesn't make things harder or complicated. Just put something underneath to support the stack.
This was my experience. 2 people on a lift and a bucket on a bench.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You should take the IC out so people post in here again

That Mishimoto IC deal lookin' spicy...

@GTIfan99, I'll buy yours, $400 and I'll give you a shipping label. Or an even better deal, $200 and I'll ship you mine after the swap to hold up your wall 🤣