GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You want to not use red rubber grease cause it's not rubber
I could have sworn I posted Castrol's info on this. They clearly say it can be used as assembly lube. Another member tested retraction with and without. It halves it. Everyone that hasn't used RRG has complained and whined about crappy pedal feel.

Come on, get with the program.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I could have sworn I posted Castrol's info on this. They clearly say it can be used as assembly lube. Another member tested retraction with and without. It halves it. Everyone that hasn't used RRG has complained and whined about crappy pedal feel.

Come on, get with the program.

Yep, does say that.

Castrol Red Rubber Grease is specifically formulated for rubber to rubber lubrication where any effects such as hardening or swelling of the rubber must be avoided. It therefore can be used on automotive hydraulic brake and clutch components where compatibility with natural rubber and SBR seals are involved. It may also be used to assist the assembly of natural and synthetic rubber components for automotive brakes or clutch systems and suspension units.

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
If you wanna trust some from an uncertified factory (although they do claim OE quality), I can point you where to get some for $20 🤣
have you seen this item in alibaba?
i think it would be cool to retrofit mk8 seat foam and covers on a mk7 gti. i'm not sure if its possible.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...54438.html?spm=a2700.pcdrm.0.0.63a5giR6giR68Z

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Even refreshing the existing seats with new foam could be a worthy effort, especially for that price.
That depends on the foam used.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Yep, does say that.

Castrol Red Rubber Grease is specifically formulated for rubber to rubber lubrication where any effects such as hardening or swelling of the rubber must be avoided. It therefore can be used on automotive hydraulic brake and clutch components where compatibility with natural rubber and SBR seals are involved. It may also be used to assist the assembly of natural and synthetic rubber components for automotive brakes or clutch systems and suspension units.
spongebob.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Chineseum foam. Only best. Very foam.
Even OEM's make uncomfortable seats.

I'm going to run for president on the platform of requiring the team that created the CTR seats to design all automobile seats.

The GTI's seats aren't particularly comfortable, but are reasonably supporting.

It would be interesting to use better foam with stock seat and covers, there's just no way of knowing if random foam of the internet is going to be more or less comfortable.

Acadia should bite the bullet and do his seats so the rest of us can benefit.

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
Even OEM's make uncomfortable seats.

I'm going to run for president on the platform of requiring the team that created the CTR seats to design all automobile seats.

The GTI's seats aren't particularly comfortable, but are reasonably supporting.

It would be interesting to use better foam with stock seat and covers, there's just no way of knowing if random foam of the internet is going to be more or less comfortable.

Acadia should bite the bullet and do his seats so the rest of us can benefit.
that foam is from VW-FAW same as the seat covers. someone bought it on vortex.
https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/leather-seats-with-the-gti-pattern.9541091/

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I think the OEM seats are pretty good, especially for the price range. The underlying foam is firm and supportive, which is good. But what it needs is a thinner layer of something a little more compliant for those longer drives. Would be interesting to have a good upholstery shop just add a layer of softer (or even memory) foam on top of the OEM, specifically for the ass part.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think the OEM seats are pretty good, especially for the price range. The underlying foam is firm and supportive, which is good. But what it needs is a thinner layer of something a little more compliant for those longer drives. Would be interesting to have a good upholstery shop just add a layer of softer (or even memory) foam on top of the OEM, specifically for the ass part.
Anything more than 3 hours kills my ass.