GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it would honestly be really interesting for someone to do a deep dive into a complete longblock disassembly and check for tolerances, shear strength, etc.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
New Chinese market motor. Don't know for sure if it's full chinesium or just one from vw China.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Re: The digital dash with center tach discussion that just briefly occurred you mentioned errors Acadia? On the GTI or R?

I was thinking of getting one of those for my 7.5 GTI, I like the idea of screen mirroring the Android phone I use for datalogging to have simos tools running on the dash. And it looks cool hahaha

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No. Ask me why my $500 gti is supposedly worth $100k
I know a guy that has connections at a Chinese factory. Let me see if they can make you some knock off rings.

I hear the factory is certified.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
New knockoff engine. The sellers will offer you "genuine" VW internals as an up charge if you ask about it.
I'm in if dude fixed that f'd up thrust washer design.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Chinese market VW/Audi dealers are only allowed to buy from the Chinese market VW/Audi distribution centers, if they are caught buying parts from another country they will be shut down. Anyways at a time I use to sell pallet boxes full of VW,Audi parts to Chinese buyers due to the price was cheaper to buy in the US and ship to China.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
In4updates

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
In4updates

It's looking like Sunday. Unless my stainless lines from Temu get delivered early. They're currently set to be delivered Saturday.

Pads and fluid from RockAuto should be here tomorrow. Waiting then for the lines to be delivered. Updates will either be "Pedal feel is just like regular Macans, gonna send it!" or "Pedal felt like garbage, stocks back on. Who wants some cheap Fauxcans painted black?"

I still have to take off the dust boots and pack some red rubber grease underneath.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pads and fluid from RockAuto should be here tomorrow. Waiting then for the lines to be delivered. Updates will either be "Pedal feel is just like regular Macans, gonna send it!" or "Pedal felt like garbage, stocks back on. Who wants some cheap Fauxcans painted black?"

I still have to take off the dust boots and pack some red rubber grease underneath.
You want to grease the seals, not pack it under dust boot. Easy to do while you have them out of the car.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
200w (6).gif