GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Meh. Changed my mind. Watched some videos on applying a ceramic. And like just about everything else, how good your results are depends entirely on how well your prep is. And all that is too much work for me to go through 🤣
Dip your feet with this,

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramics-graphene-graphene-ceramic-spray-coating™/products/graphene-ceramic-spray-coating™

Works better than a typical coating and has much more leeway with the prep and application process.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
That said I think you’ll find CarPro Reload a little difficult to remove completely without another round of polishing. In my experience spray ceramic sealants do not remove as easily as traditional sealants or waxes.

The shop that did PPF on my car used some sort of spray sealant (Xpel Ceramic Boost I think) because they didn’t know I was going to coat it. After a decon (strip) wash I did an IPA wipe down and then wiped it down again with Gyeon Prep before applying. It seems to be holding up well, but only time will tell.
So, Kamikaze just released a product that could help you the next time you go through this. I bought it when it was first released, it has been sold out twice since then. I haven't seen anyone test it on SiC coatings, but it worked well on SiO2 coatings.

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/kamikaze-collection-anti-aging-cleansing/

Testing done by Apex Detailing

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Dip your feet with this,

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramics-graphene-graphene-ceramic-spray-coating™/products/graphene-ceramic-spray-coating™

Works better than a typical coating and has much more leeway with the prep and application process.
wasn't a big fan of that spray graphene coating. It went on OK but didn't really give me the results I was hoping for. Does ok as a coating restorer I suppose, or for things like wheels and stuff. But i have been loving their professional graphene coating system; the only pain is avoiding high spots, where if you wind up with one (easy to do because it is invisible and not very convincing that it's all removed when doing it) you can just polish it down/off and reapply the area.

I can dry my cars with a leafblower though

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
So, Kamikaze just released a product that could help you the next time you go through this. I bought it when it was first released, it has been sold out twice since then. I haven't seen anyone test it on SiC coatings, but it worked well on SiO2 coatings.

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/kamikaze-collection-anti-aging-cleansing/

Testing done by Apex Detailing

Might have to try it sometime. Today I prepped my GTI for polish and coating. I did a decon wash with CarPro Descale, P&S Iron Buster, and then CarPro TarX. Even after all that the CarPro Ech2o and Gyeon Ceramic Detailer I had used on the last wash were on there strong as ever.

blackmammoth

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w DSG
I do it in the garage to keep it out of the sun, and while the lighting is "good enough", it really isn't the best for seeing the results. That comes when I pull it out into the sun. So the initial before and after in kinda lackluster while doing it.

As far as a legit ceramic coat... It's a few things that just compound. I probably could do it myself, but I wouldn't want to. I know that just like polushing, I'd get tired of doing it a quarter of the way in. Plus, I'd be worried about messing it up.

So, pay a professional to do it? While I do value my time, I really dislike paying someone to do something I could do myself (even if I won't). Because that money could be spent on better things (like mods 🤣). Add that to the fact that the guy I would go to, overbooks himself horribly. It creates a situation where he'll say it'll be done in 4 days, then it take two weeks. Which says a lot about the quality of his work, but also about his poor managerial skills. He's a great detailer, just a poor businessman. And I can be without my car for that length of time.
I felt this shit in my soul.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
A game changer for sure. What nozzle do you run on yours?

IMG_3905.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I got a little pipsqueak 12v ryobi lol

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nothing a little bit of flex seal tape won't fix...