GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Even though I hold the belief there's nothing you can do to make these cars sound "good" I kinda want an exhaust ngl...

While my car definitely looks far better than the majority of cars it passes, I'm tired of sounding weak af compared to them.

@sterkrazzy, which exhaust did you have on yours?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Even though I hold the belief there's nothing you can do to make these cars sound "good" I kinda want an exhaust ngl...

While my car definitely looks far better than the majority of cars it passes, I'm tired of sounding weak af compared to them.

Nothing wrong with that other than they cost so damn much new. Can't say they would be worth the current retail on most of them.

When I bought my R it came with the APR exhaust. Sound really good but I also have never heard a stock exhaust on an R. I also have a Borla I put on at times it that sounds pretty good also. Much more rowdy sounding compared to the APR.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Talk to Jake…..I have his turbo back…awesome

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Talk to Jake…..I have his turbo back…awesome

cc2f8e5c-4b8f-4a28-ac85-9daf294aa621_text.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Apparently my grass doesn't Iike the iron remover I used to clean my wheels.

Unexpected Audi....

PXL_20230618_202548235.jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So cleaned the wheels good. I called them clean when I could dry them off and the drying towel didn't pick up any dirt.

Coating them seemed pretty easy, unless I was doing it wrong? But it seems kinda hard to fuck up. Wipe on, wait, buff off.

View attachment 283945

Not sure if I was using enough product, since I still have about a third of the 15ml bottle left?

View attachment 283946

The one thing I'd say to anyone who does this in the future, is if you don't have a wife\gf with some makeup applicator pads, grab some before starting. It only comes with 4, and by the end of each wheel, it was falling apart.

@swcrow anywhere in your travels have you seen how long to wait before washing the car? All the packing says is store inside and wait at least 12 hours before exposing to the elements. Nothing about how long before I can wash the car.
No chemical was for 7 days after ceramic coating. Wet after 24 hours is fine.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm running a Unitronic catted dp, s3 res delete and stock muffler. I like the sound of full race sport mode, but like the option to calm it down in normal for the wife.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Jon, if you're going to keep the stock DP, I'd get the res removed miltek. I've been looking at cat backs. I'll most likely pull the trigger on a unitronic.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
my vote is neuspeed catback if keeping stock downpipe (you know, for the dtr6054)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Right now, working with @Salami to see if we can work out him getting his Borla to me, which would be in a little over a month.

So that means I have a little over a month to make a backup plan if that doesn't play out. I want to retain factory valves, so the Neuspeed is out right from the start. From there, I'd have to do some more research.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Right now, working with @Salami to see if we can work out him getting his Borla to me, which would be in a little over a month.

So that means I have a little over a month to make a backup plan if that doesn't play out. I want to retain factory valves, so the Neuspeed is out right from the start. From there, I'd have to do some more research.
AWE switchpath? Or does that use an aftermarket valve setup?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Who cares about the valves bro, it makes zero difference on the factory catback and the neuspeed sounds so good why would you ever want it to sound different