GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not trolling at all. Someone asked where to get the wheels, I provided a link on where to get them. Post was the guy asking Facebook how to hook up his own product (same one shown in my last post).
If that’s his post, and you responded to it, you are 100% trolling 😂😂. What’s next you gonna start blogging for mygolfmk7 with his “fact checking efforts”. “Today we investigate carbon freaks as he states he don’t get the product from aliexpres, I’ve opened a case with the federal trade commission over this”

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If that’s his post, and you responded to it, you are 100% trolling 😂😂. What’s next you gonna start blogging for mygolfmk7 with his “fact checking efforts”. “Today we investigate carbon freaks as he states he don’t get the product from aliexpres, I’ve opened a case with the federal trade commission over this”

I guess I just don't see how it's trolling 🤷‍♂️

I never once said anything about his wheel on his post. I didn't go "Bro you're just getting your wheels from China and reselling them!". Didn't say anything about him or his product. Never even interacted with him at all. Someone simply asked "Where can I get that wheel" on a post (which wasn't even a sale post or anything), and I said "You can get it off AliExpress, here's the link", because you can 100% get that exact wheel and button setup there.

If providing an answer to "Where can I get this" is considered trolling, then shit...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
agreed. ps if i ever become a zhong zhong reseller don't sell me out lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
agreed. ps if i ever become a zhong zhong reseller don't sell me out lol

I'm an equal opportunity information provider :ROFLMAO:

I guess to me, trolling is something unprovoked. I could see if I went on to his post for no reason going "Bro that's just a wheel from Zhong Zhong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!", it could be considered trolling. But answering a question asked on a public forum? Since when is that trolling?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm an equal opportunity information provider :ROFLMAO:

I guess to me, trolling is something unprovoked. I could see if I went on to his post for no reason going "Bro that's just a wheel from Zhong Zhong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!", it could be considered trolling. But answering a question asked on a public forum? Since when is that trolling?
U were doing the lords work bro 🤌🏽

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm here to settle this :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

@Acadia18 is wrong. AliExpress does not make his wheels. They are made by (probably a few suppliers) and resold by a constantly changing number of "stores" on AliExpress.

Marquis Vegas is right. AliExpress does not make his wheels. They are made by (probably a few suppliers) and resold by a constantly changing number of "stores" on AliExpress.

Critically, I do not see anywhere that Mr. Vegas claims that he (or Carbon Freakz) makes the wheels. I have perused their website and see no lies being told about where the wheels are made/come from. Now I do see this... "We offer Phenomenal customer service..." The capital on phenomenal is theirs, not mine. But the post is asking Facebook for help installing their product is the opposite of capital P phenomenal customer service. How are you selling something in the same place that you're asking how to install it?

Best Buy may or may not install stereos well (I don't know that to be true but I've heard) but they install them. And if they install yours you can go back to them if you find your left rear speaker no longer works. Maybe the guy in the back has to Google something, whatever. The reason Best Buy customer pays an extra $50 for their Alpine is because they can go back and make Best Buy get it working properly.

I don't care if you're a reseller of goods. I don't wish to be gouged, but I also pay for convenience/service/availability. I'm against scarce non luxury goods being resold with large markups (like sanitizer and masks) early pandemic. I don't like luxury goods being resold (like game consoles/sneakers) but no one needs Jordans so eh, whatever (unless I want them, then :mad:).

Now if you're reselling products that you don't really know much about do that. No problem. 7/11 sells aux cables. They might give you a refund but they aren't helping you with your car stereo Don't claim to provide support when you can't.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm here to settle this :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

@Acadia18 is wrong. AliExpress does not make his wheels. They are made by (probably a few suppliers) and resold by a constantly changing number of "stores" on AliExpress.

Marquis Vegas is right. AliExpress does not make his wheels. They are made by (probably a few suppliers) and resold by a constantly changing number of "stores" on AliExpress.

Critically, I do not see anywhere that Mr. Vegas claims that he (or Carbon Freakz) makes the wheels. I have perused their website and see no lies being told about where the wheels are made/come from. Now I do see this... "We offer Phenomenal customer service..." The capital on phenomenal is theirs, not mine. But the post is asking Facebook for help installing their product is the opposite of capital P phenomenal customer service. How are you selling something in the same place that you're asking how to install it?

Best Buy may or may not install stereos well (I don't know that to be true but I've heard) but they install them. And if they install yours you can go back to them if you find your left rear speaker no longer works. Maybe the guy in the back has to Google something, whatever. The reason Best Buy customer pays an extra $50 for their Alpine is because they can go back and make Best Buy get it working properly.

I don't care if you're a reseller of goods. I don't wish to be gouged, but I also pay for convenience/service/availability. I'm against scarce non luxury goods being resold with large markups (like sanitizer and masks) early pandemic. I don't like luxury goods being resold (like game consoles/sneakers) but no one needs Jordans so eh, whatever (unless I want them, then :mad:).

Now if you're reselling products that you don't really know much about do that. No problem. 7/11 sells aux cables. They might give you a refund but they aren't helping you with your car stereo Don't claim to provide support when you can't.

To be fair, I never said AliExpress makes his wheels 🤣 I simply said you can get that exact wheel off AliExpress (when someone asked, mind you, I didn't do it unprovoked), which is a 100% true statement. I never made a single comment about him or the wheels he sells. He's the one who instantly got defensive when I said you could get wheels off AliExpress, which one can read however they want.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
It's now official, @Acadia18 is in the clear. Providing facts can only be considered trolling if a vendor is trolling there their customers with claims of excellent service where none is available... And that is a group to which I believe Mr. Vegas belongs.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i say ban em all.

edit:
I think the first 5 seconds of this says everything

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I see RSE10's, I upvote!

Popular and all over the place? Sure.

But as far as I'm concerned, they're one of the best looking wheels for these cars.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
They're the most popular for a reason. They look great, have plenty of brake clearance, are lightweight, and don't snap as soon as you look at them sideways

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
i dont want a fast bike; i know i'd wind up in pieces one day. really REALLY want a mini bike like a honda grom; shit i'd even be happy with a moped but i'd prefer something to shift gears in
Have one, worth it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So what do you do when your wife is out of work and you shouldn't be spending money on car parts?

Why, grab the free ones from the classifieds, of course!

1656180386924.png

Respected his decision of "I don't feel like shipping it" until he said if someone wanted to schedule a UPS pickup that would be fine. So jumped right on it at that time. I think that finally finishes my original mod list from February!

I'm running out of "cheaper" stuff to get for the R. Here's what's left in no particular order:

✅$1850 OEM Virtual Cockpit Retrofit. Want to get this done eventually.
✅ $125 Resonator Delete Kit. Buddies S3 that brought me to the R has the OEM res delete option from the factory. Think it sounds great. Since the S3 and R have the same exhaust, I'll just grab that instead of replacing the entire exhaust. Will probably grab this soon.
✅ $1000 235/40/19 DSW06 Plus. Y'all know how much I love my all season tires :ROFLMAO:
✅ $250-$500 Some kind of underbelly protection. Either the ECS street shield, or the Alltrac skid plate.
✅ $350 EQT Tunes. Will do this as soon as my water pump is taken care of.

That's really it I think, and the "build" will be complete. Eventually I might look to get new wheels, but I really like the Pretoria's. Would want to stay 19", was thinking something like the Hyper Black RSE102's. Here's an example I found that I really like