GOLFMKV

AC cold but not blowing strong ?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Tommyjohn342

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI
No
No it can't be that because the blower changes speeds consitantly without fail when I select the speed. There is no loss of power to the motor, fuse is still good. It really boils down to the air flow stops coming out of the vents. That's all. I can reset it by turning off the air for a few mins and turning it back on. It eventually stops airflow again tho.

Flaming_ice

Car(s)
VW Gti M7
Anyone have issues with AC not blowing strong enough? It blew at full power for about a minute on setting 6 but after it just died and felt like it’s blowing at a 1. It’s cold though. Happened to me twice now.
Sounds like you have to get Your blower motor Checked maybe needs replacement Or maybe the connection is faulty

Tommyjohn342

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI
Sounds like you have to get Your blower motor Checked maybe needs replacement Or maybe the connection is faulty
Yeah it's definitely not the blower. No sounds. I can see it spinning just fine. Today I was running tests and I think it might be Air Distribution Flap. Does anyone know how to change the values for the Air Distribution Flap using long coding? I've heard ppl have success with this but can't find out how to adapt it.

Tommyjohn342

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI

MK7GolfTDI

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI 6spd
I might try replacing the AC pressure switch as a last resort. Based on what they have said I still don't believe mine is because of a bad AC pressure switch.
I'm still having the same issue. Might just bring it in to the garage this week. I can hear the blower motor blowing hard but it's not coming out the vents.

Tommyjohn342

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI
I'm still having the same issue. Might just bring it in to the garage this week. I can hear the blower motor blowing hard but it's not coming out the vents.

last thing is replaced is the evaporator sensor it's in the passenger side if you remove the cover for the blower motor you will see it. idk if has worked officially yet, but my a/c has been working for 30 min trips so far. Better than it was.

GTIPlantz

Car(s)
2014 GTI and 2015 GT
TommyJohn342, I have the exact same problem as you. Have you gotten anywhere with your issue? I had it at the shop, but they couldn't duplicate the issue. I have to drive it for about 10-15min before the cabin fan starts acting up. With my fan speed set at max, it will be blowing slow for a few minutes and then speed back up. Back and forth like that for rest of my drive. I guess the VW tech wasn't willing to drive it around long enough to see the problem.

Tommyjohn342

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI
I haven't completely resolved the issue, but it has gotten much better. I've replaced the blower motor resistor, cabin air filter, and changed long code to "Hot Country". None of this worked so I wouldn't suggest spending the money especially on the resistor.
What has seemed to help much more is changing the long code back to "Normal" from "Hot Country" and then changing the Evaporator/Temperature Sensor. It cost me about $12 and is a very easy part to replace. It's located under the passenger side footwell. You have to remove the cover on the blower motor and a plastic piece on the side of the footwell attached to the center console. You don't need to remove the whole panel just enough to squeeze a wrench to pop out the sensor. It definitely is not the blower motor since you can hear it running. It has something to do with the sensor thinking it's too cold and closing off the vents. I've heard some ppl changed the coding to read the temps differently as well.

Hope this helps!
Here's a picture of the part number and cost I paid for the sensor.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
As I said, you should contact professionals. This problem requires qualitative service bc it has a lot of nuances that must be considered. Once I've had the similar problem, when the AC vents in my BMW M5 didn't work. I spent hours every day in my car suffering from unbearable heat. That is always like a hell to me, when air conditioning is out of service. The same situation happened to me when i moved to Singapore. I almost fainted when I spent a couple of hours in a stuffy room without conditioning. I set AC all over my house and now I enjoy this sweet coolness even when outside weather leaves much to be desired. I try to maintain my AC in the best condition. Thanks God, I came across these guys, who did the high-quality work in a very affordable price:) Here, I hope they will help you too https://www.airconservicing.org/why-choose-us/