GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC and Radiator Fan not working

bigbenson

Car(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I got this car recently after it was in an accident. The car started up and ac blew cold for a few seconds then stopped blowing cold. None of the AC compressor lines were visibly damaged. The car was super low on coolant. So I filled up the coolant. I checked the AC refrigerant and it says it has more than the recommended pressure. So I don't think that it lost refrigerant. I checked what I thought would be the fuses for radiator fan and AC and don't see any blown. Is there a relay or something I should check next? Also, What is this wire for?
Wire.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
AC won't work if the fan doesn't run. I don't know what the wire is. Did you get any warranty?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Check #4 under the hood. That might be the fan controller but it sounds like the fan is bad since the large one works.

bigbenson

Car(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Neither fan behind radiator is turning on. #4 under hood fuse is fine. Is there a way to test fan without getting a code reader?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Neither fan behind radiator is turning on. #4 under hood fuse is fine. Is there a way to test fan without getting a code reader?
Just go to a shop that can apply direct power to the fans to see if they work first.