GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A2B Motorsports RS3 Brushless LPFP FWD & AWD

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
What fuel gauge issues are you guys having? Mine doesn’t seem to read from full very well. For instance the fist eighth of my tank goes down super fast, then it seems about normal after that. Could that be fixed via vagcom?

I'm having a similar issue as well, so I took out my LPFP to see if the fuel level arm got hung up on the fuel line and it was not. I reinstalled the pump and will drive it until empty to see if that changes anything?

Good news is that error codes P0230 and P025C that the Accessport was detecting went away after reinstalling the pump. I'll keep checking to see if these codes pop back up.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
their website does say vagcom or obd11 fuel level adjustments required

That's interesting, I just called A2B a couple of days ago and they said no calibration was needed for the fuel level sensor?

Has anyone done the fuel level adjustments in OBD11?

chitownfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 audi s3
That's interesting, I just called A2B a couple of days ago and they said no calibration was needed for the fuel level sensor?

Has anyone done the fuel level adjustments in OBD11?
  • Brand New OEM RS3 Brushless Fuel Pump
  • Control Module
  • Plug and Play Harness
  • Machined Fittings for FWD or AWD Applications PLEASE CHOOSE AT CHECK OUT
  • Fuel Float Notes: AWD Cars will require splicing of 2nd float in the tank, Kit contains the pig tail and instructions will be provided on request. FWD Cars will need the Float pins on the body side to be repinned into provided new connector
  • Fuel level will need recalibration using OBD11 or Vagcom.

that's from a2b website look at the bottom line

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
  • Brand New OEM RS3 Brushless Fuel Pump
  • Control Module
  • Plug and Play Harness
  • Machined Fittings for FWD or AWD Applications PLEASE CHOOSE AT CHECK OUT
  • Fuel Float Notes: AWD Cars will require splicing of 2nd float in the tank, Kit contains the pig tail and instructions will be provided on request. FWD Cars will need the Float pins on the body side to be repinned into provided new connector
  • Fuel level will need recalibration using OBD11 or Vagcom.

that's from a2b website look at the bottom line

Ah I see...does anyone know how the calibration is done in OBD11?

A2bmotorsport

Car(s)
Mk7R
Generally Speaking on the fuel level issue. If it stopped at a quarter of a tank, that is the float stuck on something and a mechanical issue double check your install. The calibration of the fuel gauge is something I'll be honest I do not know off hand as we use the factory tool ODIS here and we have found on the cars running our pump now long term that the gauge auto adjusts on its own if you run it till almost empty and then fill it back up. It gets a lot more accurate over time. The GTIs seem to also adjust faster then the Rs. One of our customers did a nice write up using OBD 11 to do his gauge in one of the threads here. I'll see if i can find it.

SagolfR777

Car(s)
2015 golf r
I have a golf r and I'm also running into problems from getting fuel from the opposite side of tank ran out of gas today after installed and going for a drive put 5.5 gallons on and started right up went to store and put more gas until it couldent take anymore which was only another 5 gallons so somewhere in the tank is another almost 4 gallons any ideas what this could be. I was also thinking could have something to do with converting from siphon to jet pump style

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
My guess is a fuel float issue on the driver's side or an adjustment/calibration issue (most likely the later). A2B mentions this in the post previous to yours. All AWD platforms are a jet pump setup. They all have saddle tanks. That is the only way to get fuel to transfer from one side to another.

I would say you probably are transferring the fuel appropriately, but the actual level/percentage is wrong. There are some recommended procedures to have the "calbration" reset faster.

On my GTI, it took 2-3 tanks to calibrate to the new level sensor. I adjusted the fuel level by +4 liters initially. The tank level dropped really quickly even with that adjustment. After the 3 tanks, the level dropped accordingly. The +4 liter adjustment is still necessary, but now the needle travels in a more linear fashion. Just a difference in the sensor outputs due to the geometry of the fuel float.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
I'm FWD and I'm reinstalling my stock LPFP and taking my RS3 LPFP out.
I also removed the 3 wires that were used for the fuel level plug that A2B provides.

I can't remember what pins these 3 wires go into the stock plug.
Does anyone know the pinout for these three wires in the stock plug?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Figured it out. Picture for future reference.
20210206_045729.jpg

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Having an issue with this setup (UM tune/hybrid turbo) and can't seem to figure it out. When I drive the car, all is well. If I park and it sits for any short-moderate amount of time, next time I start it up it sometimes seems to be fuel starved at idle, hesitating and occasionally engine cutting out. Could be followed by a long crank or more hesitation for 10-15 secs if restarted, after which all is fine again. Sometimes will get similar behavior when stopped and engine is idling, but usually only on 2nd drive of the day/after. Never any issues above idle/when car is moving.

Only had codes show up in one instance - misfires and the below low fuel pressure code unsurprisingly. Will do some logging in VCDS to capture an instance of this to see what's going on, in meantime wondering if anyone has seen this or has any thoughts - maybe controller is no good?

TIA

Code pulled from instance of hesitation/cutting out

15059 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure
P0087 00 [096] - Too Low
Engine speed: 882.00 /min
Normed load value: 3.9 %
Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
Coolant temperature: 83 ∞C
Intake air temperature: 52 ∞C
Ambient air pressure: 1010 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.609 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 39
T_AST_SAE: 1859 s
FAC_LAM_LIM[1]: 20.976 %
Fuel regulating valve: duty cycle: 72.707 %
FUP_H_SAE: 3080.0 kPa
High-pressure system: status: MFP_CTL
TFU_HPP: 70.50 ∞C
Lambda probes actual: bank1: 0.9619

Log data (normal idle, no hesitation/issues):

Timing : 0.8-1.0
'Fuel low pressure' : ~3.26
'Fuel high pressure' : ~60
'Fuel pressure' : ~5900
Duty Cycle : ~17

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Plotted logs of a couple instances where the fuel briefly cut out. Looks like maybe it's the HPFP? At the times I marked w/ vertical lines, high pressure drops a touch and never recovers until it falls all the way to 0 and all fuel is used up. Maybe HPFP is just off from this point on and kicks back on when pressure drops to 0?

A few things were done all at once - LPFP + Controller, MPI enabled, engine tune, and Euro HPFP. I may try to revert back to my stock US HPFP and splice the MPI line into the DI line as everyone else has done. Maybe something about the Euro HPFP isn't working quite the same way a US one would, or my particular one is faulty... Would be great to get some confirmation from anyone who's more familiar w the fueling system/logging these cars. Thx

1613362581173.png

1613362536201.png

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Plotted logs of a couple instances where the fuel briefly cut out. Looks like maybe it's the HPFP? At the times I marked w/ vertical lines, high pressure drops a touch and never recovers until it falls all the way to 0 and all fuel is used up. Maybe HPFP is just off from this point on and kicks back on when pressure drops to 0?

A few things were done all at once - LPFP + Controller, MPI enabled, engine tune, and Euro HPFP. I may try to revert back to my stock US HPFP and splice the MPI line into the DI line as everyone else has done. Maybe something about the Euro HPFP isn't working quite the same way a US one would, or my particular one is faulty... Would be great to get some confirmation from anyone who's more familiar w the fueling system/logging these cars. Thx

View attachment 203338

View attachment 203337

Why did you switch to a Euro HPFP? As Diggs mentioned, switch back to your OEM pump.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Why did you switch to a Euro HPFP? As Diggs mentioned, switch back to your OEM pump.

No good reason - just wanted a cleaner OEM MPI install and lower mileage part. Assumed it would be identical except the MPI fitting. Ordered a t-fitting and will revert when it arrives today, fingers crossed.