GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A2B Motorsports RS3 Brushless LPFP FWD & AWD

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
can you elaborate on the different siphon system you are planning on using
thanks

For sure. I am going to experiment with a 3x15" Holley Hydramat with a AN T-fitting. The "left" side of the t-fitting will have a AN hose fitting running to the stock basket quick connect location. The center/vertical fitting will be attached to the Hydramat itself. The right side of the fitting will have an AN-to-quick connect fitting for the stock siphon hose.

This will allow the stock pump to siphon the fuel from both the Hydramat and the stock siphon location. I have contacted Holley tech support directly for advice. I initially was going to use only the Hydramat, but then inquired about the "dual" siphon approach. They definitely recommended the later. The AWD cars have saddle tanks with two siphons, albeit feeding from separate lines.

I started a thread here:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...eed-issues-holley-hydramat-discussion.378598/

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Is this only an issue in the gti? Was about to pull the trigger on one for my S3

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Just wanted to share a few issues I ran into after installing the RS3 LPFP.

I'm Vortex std turbo, FBO, running a 91oct base map from EQT.

1. I was getting several CEL's: P0230(fuel pump primary circuit) and P025C(fuel pump module control circuit low), and a few others unrelated to the LPFP. I had the Fuel-It Bluetooth ethanol sensor kit power supply line connected to the Fuel Pump fuse in the engine bay fuse box. Once I moved that power supply line to a different fuse, the two CEL's listed above went away.
  2. The Fuel level gauge was not reading the fuel level correctly. I noticed that the fuel level was dropping at a significant rate just cruising at 65mph on the highway. I decided to refuel when I was down to half a tank. I only added a couple of gallons of fuel before the gas station pump automatically stopped filling and now the fuel gauge reads full. I drove for about 30 mins after this refueling and the fuel gauge seems to be reading more accurately. I'll drive around for another day or so to see if this improves? Has anyone else experienced any issues with the fuel level readings after installing this LPFP?
  3. This fuel pump is noticeably louder than my stock one during priming. Is this true for those who have this pump as well?

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3

1. I was getting several CEL's: P0230(fuel pump primary circuit) and P025C(fuel pump module control circuit low), and a few others unrelated to the LPFP. I had the Fuel-It Bluetooth ethanol sensor kit power supply line connected to the Fuel Pump fuse in the engine bay fuse box. Once I moved that power supply line to a different fuse, the two CEL's listed above went away.
  2. The Fuel level gauge was not reading the fuel level correctly. I noticed that the fuel level was dropping at a significant rate just cruising at 65mph on the highway. I decided to refuel when I was down to half a tank. I only added a couple of gallons of fuel before the gas station pump automatically stopped filling and now the fuel gauge reads full. I drove for about 30 mins after this refueling and the fuel gauge seems to be reading more accurately. I'll drive around for another day or so to see if this improves? Has anyone else experienced any issues with the fuel level readings after installing this LPFP?
  3. This fuel pump is noticeably louder than my stock one during priming. Is this true for those who have this pump as well?

No issues for me and volume is same as original pump, almost inaudible with the seat back in. It did take a while to get it to fit properly so maybe double check that the wires are tucked out of the way of the level float.

Grounding it was a bit of a hassle but think that's unique to the A3/S3.

A2B recommended not driving the car until tuned, does your base map make the necessary adjustments?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Based on those error codes, it sounds like the base tune may not be accounting for that LPFP properly--worth double checking with the tuner on this.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Thanks for the suggestions! I will try them and report back.

chitownfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 audi s3
mine is working fine after a few install attempts and a 2nd pump, but my fuel level is still off but nothing major pumps a lot more fuel than stock that's for sure

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't have any tune issues on mine. No CELs. I also didn't adjust my tune, but duty values never got high enough to cause issues.

Just reinstalled my 91 tune today for the winter. Definitely miss the e85 tune, but still feels great in comparison to the IS20.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP

1. Not sure
2. My fuel gauge is off as well. You can adjust via obd11.
3. Yes, it is a lot louder. With seats or insulation you won’t hear it.

Make sure you test WOT at upper RPM limits. As other and I have experienced the LPFP duty table may need adjusted as it can bug out the controller.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
1. Not sure
2. My fuel gauge is off as well. You can adjust via obd11.
3. Yes, it is a lot louder. With seats or insulation you won’t hear it.

Make sure you test WOT at upper RPM limits. As other and I have experienced the LPFP duty table may need adjusted as it can bug out the controller.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I actually have been doing pulls in 3rd and 4th gear without misfires or any other issue. The Vortex turbo + EQT base tune pulls like a beast and just keeps going even at the upper RPM limits! I know that this setup makes more power than my IS38, but to actually experience it was shocking to say the least lol.

chitownfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 audi s3
Thanks for sharing your experience! I actually have been doing pulls in 3rd and 4th gear without misfires or any other issue. The Vortex turbo + EQT base tune pulls like a beast and just keeps going even at the upper RPM limits! I know that this setup makes more power than my IS38, but to actually experience it was shocking to say the least lol.
just be careful on the next revision my base file was also working great but on the 2nd tune I was getting some nasty over boost conditions like 42 psi nick just send me a 3rd one to correct it so have to see how it is just loaded it up

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
What fuel gauge issues are you guys having? Mine doesn’t seem to read from full very well. For instance the fist eighth of my tank goes down super fast, then it seems about normal after that. Could that be fixed via vagcom?