GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

A Track Rat's Build Thread

victorofhavoc

Go Kart Newbie
***Placeholder***
I'll add some stuff here to track my build, and will gladly answer all questions about what I have done. I don't have time right now, but will get to it. Just wanted to throw this up for now since a few of us get off topic on other threads frequently :)

Here are my alignment specs and current standing to get us started:
Uni stage 2 w/ CTS downpipe, stock catback, and Uni intercooler
034 springs -> moved to pss10 coils for this year
034 dynamic + top mounts (-2.3 one side and -2.5 the other)
034 dogbone inserts -> moved to revo puck this year (dramatically better, pain to install)
034 p34 intake -> going back to stock this year
CTS TIP (improved throttle response mid corner)
racingline oil cooler -> will get a bigger exchanger this year
ds2500 front pads, r4s rear -> I cooked the R4s repeatedly (they're garbage and worse than stock rears) moving to Gloc R10/ R8 this year
yoko a052 tires in 235/45/17 on a 17x9 front and 17x8 rear (I got the tires for cheap and the wider front after, so decided to use them anyway) -> will run 255/235 or 255/225 this year, and will most likely move to a non-autocross tire that can handle some more heat. The front end gets too hot too fast compared to rear on these cars (laps 1-2 the car is oversteery, 3-6 neutral, and 7-10 front end too hot).

Everything else is pretty much stock.

Alignment:
c: -2.3/-2.5 F: -1.8 R
toe: 0 F : 0.03 decimal degrees in per side, 0.06 total

Reactions: q74

victorofhavoc

Go Kart Newbie
Yes!

My front is sitting at 24.0" and rear at 24.5". There is no slop on the front spring and I've had the coils on for about 500 miles. I'm going in for a final alignment and corner balance when I tack on a few more miles, but I also have to start prepping the car for the NCM event at the end of March so lots to do!

There appears to be another 0.5" the front spring can go, and closer to 1" in the rear. This is already pretty low for my taste, but I'm leaving the height up to my mechanic with corner balance.

Also, they feel great overall. I'm running 1 click from soft front and 2 rear. It's pretty good for the street on the softer end. It's not punishing like the springs were.

Reactions: q74

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Yes!

My front is sitting at 24.0" and rear at 24.5". There is no slop on the front spring and I've had the coils on for about 500 miles. I'm going in for a final alignment and corner balance when I tack on a few more miles, but I also have to start prepping the car for the NCM event at the end of March so lots to do!

There appears to be another 0.5" the front spring can go, and closer to 1" in the rear. This is already pretty low for my taste, but I'm leaving the height up to my mechanic with corner balance.

Also, they feel great overall. I'm running 1 click from soft front and 2 rear. It's pretty good for the street on the softer end. It's not punishing like the springs were.
By 0.5" can go do you mean lower or higher?

Ftg is based on the 17's you listed above?