GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Tale of Three Rabbits

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Rabbit Two is back, now with AWE exhaust! Happy to report that there was no structural or suspension damage from the accident. A good buddy of mine has a body shop that did the work, and they did a nice job. 102k (kms) on the odometer, ready for many more miles. Friday it goes in for a DSG service and a TVS Engineering Stage II+ TCU tune. 😁
79CD074A-9B4D-4206-9C90-6260E20EE69F.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Rabbit Two is back, now with AWE exhaust! Happy to report that there was no structural or suspension damage from the accident. A good buddy of mine has a body shop that did the work, and they did a nice job. 102k (kms) on the odometer, ready for many more miles. Friday it goes in for a DSG service and a TVS Engineering Stage II+ TCU tune. 😁
View attachment 229108

I'd take your Rabbit over that 355 next to you. Horrible color.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Part of me regrets not getting CFB, but I also like the classic color combos and contrasts of my white Rabbit, but I'm old. Would have 100% have bought CFB if I were 25 years younger.

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
High-mileage update:

Having clocked just over 151,500 kms (94,000 miles), Rabbit Two is still running strong. The car has had only scheduled maintenance and no issues. There seem to be differing opinions around when to do the DSG service, and remembering the 60,000km interval from my MK6, I have decided to keep it within that range for this car. There was also some confusion around when to service the VAQ LSD which I have had the fluid changed in once so far. This car sees mostly backroads and highway cruising; Not much city or traffic. The 7-speed is definitely a little louder and clunkier than the 6-speed DQ250 in my MK6, but the TVS Stage II+ DSG tune makes it a joy to drive. The car does have its quirks in terms of learning when it likes to shift (Sport mode) and when to get on or off the gas for the best throttle response and smoothest power delivery. To me, it adds character and makes the experience that much sweeter when you get into a nice rhythm playing on the right roads — it feels like the car invites you to lean into the throttle, and you can feel when it wants to go. The H&R OE Sport springs / DCC setup is perfect for street. Basic settings in the suspension module is key to a factory-like ride quality after lowering. A factory downpipe mated to an AWE Track cat-back is the perfect OEM+ sound I was looking for. The car sounds amazing! I have yet to tune the ECU so I have really been able to experience the difference the TVS DSG tune made, specifically to the gearbox. It has made for a really fun car at stock power. I run the car on Ultra94 and it loves it; Great throttle response and great mid-range power spooling up low. Overall, for where I live and where I enjoy driving - think twisty backroads with lots of elevation - this car absolutely shines. For a fun, practical, sporty daily-driver, this MK7.5 GTI to me is as good as it gets for the money. I will report back when I break the 200,000km mark. 😎

Last edited:

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I am well short of the 200k mark but the time has come to say goodbye to my beloved RabbitTwo. What an adventure it has been driving this car on every possible backroad I could imagine both locally and in beautiful Northern Ontario. Combining all-time high used car prices with new car pricing that is still relatively low, I am able to get top dollar for my GTI and trade against a brand new 2022 Jetta. I have had a lot of fun over the years having owned 3 GTIs and a Golf R (albeit, very briefly) but the time has come to reprioritize some of my goals and take advantage of the opportunity at-hand. I simply could not pass up the astronomical trade value offered against a brand new car with full warranty. In short, I will miss the GTI but having logged ~200,000 kms between Rabbit One and Two, I have enjoyed plenty of great driving without getting into any major breakdowns or repairs. It’s been a blast! ✌🏼

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
After 3 months and boring myself nearly half to death in my Jetta, I am pleased to present Rabbit Three; My third GTI Rabbit, with only 38,000 kms! Found privately from original owner, the car is absolutely mint. Taking delivery in the next few days and could not be happier to be getting back into a GTI!
84D0500B-56EC-41B9-9045-32FBD89E95DC.jpeg

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Congrats! Ok, new car goal: buy and hold. Maybe because you have arguably one of the best all-around cars on the planet.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
After 3 months and boring myself nearly half to death in my Jetta, I am pleased to present Rabbit Three; My third GTI Rabbit, with only 38,000 kms! Found privately from original owner, the car is absolutely mint. Taking delivery in the next few days and could not be happier to be getting back into a GTI!
View attachment 260166
Welcome back

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
New pads & rotors all the way around, and a fresh set of Michelin Pilot AS4s going on the factory Pretorias. Going a different route with this car and leaving it stock for a while. I have a 6 year / 120k CPO factory warranty so I am going to enjoy some worry-free driving before tuning, etc. Up here in Canada, these cars are becoming increasingly difficult to find. Of the 272 Rabbits in Cornflower Blue that were allocated here, this was the lowest mileage example for sale in the country. I had been checking AutoTrader daily for months and jumped on this car the day it was posted. That for me changes its value. There’s just something about leaving it stock that I appreciate, with so few on the road.
2543E509-472A-4F2F-9821-67929FEE54F0.jpeg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
So
New pads & rotors all the way around, and a fresh set of Michelin Pilot AS4s going on the factory Pretorias. Going a different route with this car and leaving it stock for a while. I have a 6 year / 120k CPO factory warranty so I am going to enjoy some worry-free driving before tuning, etc. Up here in Canada, these cars are becoming increasingly difficult to find. Of the 272 Rabbits in Cornflower Blue that were allocated here, this was the lowest mileage example for sale in the country. I had been checking AutoTrader daily for months and jumped on this car the day it was posted. That for me changes its value. There’s just something about leaving it stock that I appreciate, with so few on the road.
View attachment 260337
Is your goal to own all 272 canadian CFB rabbits? You've got a good start.