GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Tale of Three Rabbits

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
agreed. If the American rabbit came in Canadian spec I would’ve been hard pressed to pass it up

Yeah, I really think the Canadian Rabbit is the best GTI ever released in North America. .

I'd still give me left nut for a CSS.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
agreed. If the American rabbit came in Canadian spec I would’ve been hard pressed to pass it up

I’d agree, but I am not unhappy with my US Rabbit.

to bring me closer... MIB2 parts have been amassed, and go in beginning of August. I’m seriously contemplating a DCC retrofit, but will likely end up wit springs on Koni yellows. Thanks to a few oversized fireworks going off in close proximity, the fender sounds no different then my base audio with the Helix in the boot. Was there much more difference?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Yeah, I really think the Canadian Rabbit is the best GTI ever released in the US.

I'd still give me left nut for a CSS.

The CSS is my dream.

wish VW sold a performance kit like the old Mopar “Stage __ kits“ for the SRT4.

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I’d agree, but I am not unhappy with my US Rabbit.

to bring me closer... MIB2 parts have been amassed, and go in beginning of August. I’m seriously contemplating a DCC retrofit, but will likely end up wit springs on Koni yellows. Thanks to a few oversized fireworks going off in close proximity, the fender sounds no different then my base audio with the Helix in the boot. Was there much more difference?
Canadian-spec:
• DCC
• 8” infotainment / Bluetooth / satellite radio
• Backup camera
• Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
• Fender audio
• Performance Pack (VAQ LSD, Golf R brakes, 228hp)
• Clark plaid cloth (heated)
• Dual-zone automatic climate control
• 7-speed DSG or 6-speed MT
• Driver Assist Package (optional)
• KESSY

My car being a DSG non-DAP in CF Blue, I would hazard a guess there are roughly 68 examples like this in Canada, but would love for anyone with allocation info to comment.

Apparently 272 cars in Cornflower Blue were allocated to Canada, half DSG and half MT. I would guess half of each had DAP, as it seems to be a popular option with many. For me personally, I prefer non-DAP to save the bother with the extra sensors, etc.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Canadian-spec:
• DCC
• 8” infotainment / Bluetooth / satellite radio
• Backup camera
• Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
• Fender audio
• Performance Pack (VAQ LSD, Golf R brakes, 228hp)
• Clark plaid cloth (heated)
• Dual-zone automatic climate control
• 7-speed DSG or 6-speed MT
• Driver Assist Package (optional)
• KESSY

My car being a DSG non-DAP in CF Blue, I would hazard a guess there are roughly 68 examples like this in Canada, but would love for anyone with allocation info to comment.

Apparently 272 cars in Cornflower Blue were allocated to Canada, half DSG and half MT. I would guess half of each had DAP, as it seems to be a popular option with many. For me personally, I prefer non-DAP to save the bother with the extra sensors, etc.

so the differences is DAP option, DCC, MIB2/Fender, and dual zone.

DCC is interesting, don’t need fender, just want MIB2, and dual zone is a no issue to me. So I’m close to my wants. 😁

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Southbound just outside of Temagami, Ontario heading home after another epic adventure in Rabbit Two.

Three of us in the car with a boot full of luggage and riding beautifully on the new suspension setup.

Pulled in the driveway at 91,998 kms and the car continues to perform almost flawlessly (aside from the typical 7-speed quirks — soon to be remedied by a TVS Engineering Stage 2+ DSG tune).

This car will see many, many more miles and plenty of maintenance along the way. Enjoying every drive. 🇨🇦🐇
CBDC4932-A1C3-42F4-9A79-1D569A7C7114.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Love the car. Dislike that it doesn't have a sunroof.

That's the main reason I bought it

First, every VW and Audi I've previously owned had a sunroof and they all had issues after a few years.

Second, that's a lot of weight way up high.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

First, every VW and Audi I've previously owned had a sunroof and they all had issues after a few years.

I used my sunroof once to see if it works. I wish I didn't have one especially in Phoenix when it's 115*. Any other car I've had had an insulated panel that covers it reducing the heat.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

Mine is always at least tilted and very open in the summer. Helps with claustrophobia.

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Rather than posting various threads, adding some service & repair entries to this journal should offer better continuity as we cruise toward long-term, high-mileage enjoyment.

At 93,000 kms, the original spark plugs & coil packs finally gave up the ghost.

I noticed a rough idle and also a stutter on acceleration in the last few days, so booked in the car for a diagnostic and plugs. The misfire actually sounded more like a ping or a knock that bad fuel would cause, when the engine would load up in the 2-3k rpm range.

We did some live scanning and while there was no knock, the misfire continued after changing the plugs. After swapping the coil packs, the misfire followed the faulty one so we went ahead and replaced all four of those as well. The car is back to running smoothly and pulling as it should through the revs.

If you look closely, you can see the colour difference on the plug that had the faulty coil pack below (2nd from the bottom). It is much darker than the other three from unburnt fuel.

While the plugs were out, we took the opportunity to do a compression test and readings were 150-150-150-153 psi.

Also did the VAQ diff service today which is essentially a Haldex clutch pack that acts as a LSD. Car feels really smooth in Sport mode coming out of 2nd and 3rd gear corners where you can feel the front axle biting.

Next up is a DSG service & tune. 😁

DA034280-0A23-4DFB-9C0F-181ACA24D135.jpeg

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Compliments of the guy two cars back hitting us stopped on the highway at full jam. It looks like the impact missed the frame rail, and the car might still be good structurally. The body shop is going to check alignment and a couple of other things for chassis & suspension integrity. Hopefully everything is straight and the damage is only cosmetic. Time for a new exhaust, too.
58131397-7D6B-40ED-97B5-8D0277FF3E27.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Compliments of the guy two cars back hitting us stopped on the highway at full jam. It looks like the impact missed the frame rail, and the car might still be good structurally. The body shop is going to check alignment and a couple of other things for chassis & suspension integrity. Hopefully everything is straight and the damage is only cosmetic. Time for a new exhaust, too. View attachment 222208
Probably on a cell phone.