GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Question about Spark plug

Wisebob

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf R
I’m curious what spark plugs people are running that are stage 2. I typically run NGK r7437-8, but apparently there is currently a shortage. I’m not interested in running RS7 plugs as a friend had the tip explode. Is there another good option besides NGK? I have heard of some people running Brisk plugs, but don’t know much about them

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
NGK are by far the most popular. My car is FBO and hybrid turbo and I've used the RS7 plugs for 80,000 miles. The NGK Rutheniums are a popular inexpensive plug that a lot of guys are using on hopped up GTI 's.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
If you don't want to run the RS7s, use the Ruths. Brisks are very good too, but erode fairly quickly and open the gap. Racing plugs not worth the extra cost IMHO for simple FBO/Stg 2.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you don't want to run the RS7s, use the Ruths. Brisks are very good too, but erode fairly quickly and open the gap. Racing plugs not worth the extra cost IMHO for simple FBO/Stg 2.
The NGK racing plugs aren't worth the extra cost for anything driven on the street. I'm at 416 HP and couldn't tell the difference between the racing plugs and the RS7 plugs.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
The NGK racing plugs aren't worth the extra cost for anything driven on the street. I'm at 416 HP and couldn't tell the difference between the racing plugs and the RS7 plugs.
Zactly

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
NGK are by far the most popular. My car is FBO and hybrid turbo and I've used the RS7 plugs for 80,000 miles. The NGK Rutheniums are a popular inexpensive plug that a lot of guys are using on hopped up GTI 's.
I have a set im about to throw in my R, but I only plan on going stage 1

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
You want NGK Ruthenium HX spark plugs LFER7BHX
I run EQT Stage 2 93 tune and EQT Stage 2 E30 tune, never any problems on the street, strip or road course on either tune. Great plugs. When I was at SEMA 2 years ago I talked to the engineer at NGK and every question/scenario I had he answered 'you want the Rutheniums'. If you want to run the Brisk plugs that's fine, but prepare to replace often, if you want to throw money away, send me some, I haven't worked since last March! LOL:LOL:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ this and confirmed by Ed when he did my last EQT revision

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So he switched from recommending the racing plugs to the ruth's?
Probably in my case and my tune..... you’re on a whole different plain brotha lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ed is always recommending the NGK racing plugs. Edit. I see JerseyDrew77 already commented on this.
I emailed him specifically if I should get race plugs and he told me to stick with Ruths

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I emailed him specifically if I should get race plugs and he told me to stick with Ruths
Thanks. I always ignored the advice to get the racing plugs anyway because of the cost but I have been getting the RS7 plugs but I'll try the Ruth’s next time since they cost even less.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I’m not interested in running RS7 plugs as a friend had the tip explode

Those would of been the original Buru RS7 plugs Part# 079-905-626-M that had the issue with the tips. The current RS7 plugs are made by NGK and have a great track record. Not trying to sway your opinion, just making you aware.