GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A-pillar rattle/buzz... Finally fixed!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Mate, I made an account just so I can thank you. I've been trying to take off the a-pillar trim to run down my dashcam power cable but just couldn't do it. I figured I might be able to slide the clip but I guess I wasn't pushing hard enough. There's a prominent youtube video that shows the process and the guy really just rips off the trim without breaking the clip...I kept trying and trying but whenever I looked at photos of the clips and how the trim holds onto it I couldn't figure out how he was able to pull it off without breaking anything.

So, yeah. THANK YOU for your instruction and images; this is my first time tearing-up a car and it gave me the confidence to push harder on the clips and whaddya know, they slid out!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you also for posting the part number later in the thread. I gotta order some because I'll probably replace the power cable with a hardwire kit and I don't know how much plier force the clips can handle.... 🤣
You’re welcome, glad the post is still of help all these years later.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Mate, I made an account just so I can thank you. I've been trying to take off the a-pillar trim to run down my dashcam power cable but just couldn't do it. I figured I might be able to slide the clip but I guess I wasn't pushing hard enough. There's a prominent youtube video that shows the process and the guy really just rips off the trim without breaking the clip...I kept trying and trying but whenever I looked at photos of the clips and how the trim holds onto it I couldn't figure out how he was able to pull it off without breaking anything.

So, yeah. THANK YOU for your instruction and images; this is my first time tearing-up a car and it gave me the confidence to push harder on the clips and whaddya know, they slid out!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you also for posting the part number later in the thread. I gotta order some because I'll probably replace the power cable with a hardwire kit and I don't know how much plier force the clips can handle.... 🤣

Thanks for your post @SecondGolf ! (y) Knowing that you found success gives me hope that maybe I can someday do the same in eliminating the buzzing noise in my (USA) '21. Thanks @ReadTheBook for your guidance with all of this.