GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A-Pillar Mount

Tone1

Ready to race!
I've been looking for a long time and unable to find this. I want an A-pillar mount for my AccessPort, but I think it would be useful for phones as well. It would keep it near the line of sight, rather than down by the shifter where the proclips mount, and it wouldn't block the vent, like every other mount. Local guy's Subie has one, Anyone got a lead on something like this?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

Tone1

Ready to race!
Hmmm might get that for my phone but the AP needs OBD2 access so it fits better left of the steering wheel. That might be better than my kenu clip though. Doin any shows this summer? Dayton maybe pitt and a couple msg for me

ryohei47

Ready to race!
Hmmm might get that for my phone but the AP needs OBD2 access so it fits better left of the steering wheel. That might be better than my kenu clip though. Doin any shows this summer? Dayton maybe pitt and a couple msg for me

You can get magnetic mounts similar to the one Sabo has but instead of mounting to a firm backing you can put it in the air bent so it would be left of the steering wheel

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BOZszbBRFYT4E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tone1

Ready to race!

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I would not put anything between you and the A pillar. You know what's behind the a pillar, such as airbag and explosive.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I would not put anything between you and the A pillar. You know what's behind the a pillar, such as airbag and explosive.

Exactly what I thought when I read the thread title. It will make anything covering it into a bullet.

Tone1

Ready to race!

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

Tone1

Ready to race!
I hear ya 100%, can't believe I didn't think of that. I even ran my dash cam wire down the A-pillar and had to route it behind the airbag less than a month ago, kind of embarrassing I forgot already ha.