GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A great way to start off a paid vacation!

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
[Official] 50mm f1.8-f1.4 Picture Thread

so today i went over to ritz camera and picked up a 50mm f1.8 macro lens and im in love :wub:

a friend and i decided to spend the whole day taking pictures :thumbup:

let me know what you think

Last edited:

thetornado

P-flo is a go
Car(s)
2007GTI - blackmagic
some great pics!

did you do anything to the lighting for the pic of you in your mirror and the one of your engine bay?

and ive never seen a pic of VW logo in the headlight! i want to leave work now and go look at mine.

also, the trick with your iphone is sweet. took me a sec to get it! hah. ill have to use it sometime though.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
all these pictures were taken with a canon rebel xti, canon 50mm f1.8 lens

none of the pics were altered in any way using any programs. the lighting and tone in the pictures were all acheived with shutter speed, aperture, and white balance settings.

thank you for all the compliments

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
Yeah I was gonna ask if the blue tinge was post process.

yeah, i thought it looked good with the cloudy day we had in VA yesterday. i used the 4000K white balance to cool the image down opposed to making it warmer. with doing this it, all the colors kept the same feel except the red hat really stood out gave a couple of pictures a whole new feel

zer0_thirteen

ISO euro-hatch....
i just recently picked up the same lens and i love it. its great for taking people pictures, i love having something with fstop so low! here are some of my shots from around the house

and one of my roommate's GTi...

I really like the mirror shot.

Is this a "everyone post up your 50mm f1.8 or f1.4 shots" thread now, because it should be.

I've got the Nikkor f1.8, definitely a fun lens.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
i got some more pictures to post up for you guys, i just gotta wait till tonight when i have time to put them on my computer

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
alright, some more pictures for you guys...