GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Comparison of OEM, OEM Aspherical, and Chinese Aspherical Side Mirrors

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Pics updated.

Btw, I bought a second set of euro-OEM VW asphericals from DAP for my second Mk7. When I removed the Chinese made blue asphericals, I noticed that in addition to the blue coating flaking away from the edges, the mirror glass itself was losing adhesion to the plastic backing. I'm wouldn't be confident of them lasting through two Mid-Atlantic winters with the freeze/thaw cycle. Complete garbage. Stick to OEM is the moral of the story.

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
He's on a vacation...a vacation from his problems!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No, I brought my problems with me! They are both looking forward to going to the water park today.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbHh9KKOX0

Yeah I also stuck with OEM after seeing this video.

Similar to my experiences with them. I am convinced that in the middle of upcoming winter, the glass would have simply fallen off of one or both of mine. I'll try to get a pic when I return home. The glass was separating and the plastic backing plate warping on both of mine. Plus the heating element looks different and inferior, though I can vouch that they do heat up at least, though defrost is patchy/not uniform across the entire mirror.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I like it. My Ali folding mirrors came with the drivers aspherical. Honestly helps with blind spots IMO quite a bit when you get used to it. Might swap the passenger down the line, but I don't have any blind spot issues on that side.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I like it. My Ali folding mirrors came with the drivers aspherical. Honestly helps with blind spots IMO quite a bit when you get used to it. Might swap the passenger down the line, but I don't have any blind spot issues on that side.
Looks like you were right. Seller replied:
1618267113895.png

Gonna order the driver's side only for now.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
since they didn't do a black friday sale, i picked up the suma mirrors. they're great.