GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A/C button wont work

Squish~

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I just did a 2021 Arteon climate control retrofit to make my life a little harder by replacing perfectly fine physical controls for stupid touch based controls and upon first install the passenger side would just blow cold air no matter the temperature
Found out i needed to the HVAC flap calibration which i needed to via OBD11 (because the new climate control doesn't have the button needed)
After that the A/C button wouldn't work (you can tap the button but it wont light up) and its not a faulty button because when you press "Auto" ac wont turn on
Turns out when you install a new climate control module you have to do a AC Compressor First Run-In also which im guessing a "teaching" the new module the ac that on the car
Problem i have is doing the First run in procedure

"AC Compressor First Run-In" Steps:
Start engine and allow it to Idle.
Adapt flap end stops as described above.
[Basic Settings - 04]
Select IDE02259-ENG167462 "Compressor run in: automatic start" from the drop-down list.
[Go!]
It will show completed, but wait 120 sec (2 Min) and observe the flashing A/C button light on the HVAC panel.
After the Basic Settings has completed, the A/C light will quit flashing and the fault code will clear.
[Stop]
Note: If Basic Settings reports Error the module may need to see an Adaptation change before this can be completed. Go to Adaptation and change "Driving time for compressor run in" from 120 -to- 120 and save it followed by repeating the entire procedure.

On OBD11 when i try to do the "Compressor run in: automatic start" procedure it'll tell me the "conditions are not met" to perform the test and Go to Adaptation and change "Driving time for compressor run in" from 120 -to- 120 didn't fix anything

(i tried putting my old climatronic in and a/c work perfectly fine with no error codes)
suggestions??

1610604924168.png
1610604936359.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Try holding down the AC button and the Rear Defroster button for a few seconds. Those correlate to buttons 8 & 16 in the manual A/C adaption steps. I had a similar issue with that panel, and that resolved it for me.

Squish~

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Try holding down the AC button and the Rear Defroster button for a few seconds. Those correlate to buttons 8 & 16 in the manual A/C adaption steps. I had a similar issue with that panel, and that resolved it for me.
Worked, thanks a lot!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Great tip. Any others like that beside the one for the one touch window button.