GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

93 oct EQT XL vs stock Civic Type R

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
This is purely for reference because everyone knows what the results would be.

Next door neighbor just got a Civic Type R a few weeks ago. Hes been dieing to see where his car matches up against mine because he knows some work is done on it, but also knows its a daily driver so not full racecar.

Well a few of us went on a spirited drive (in mexico) today and finished on the expressway for some pulls. My full weight + car seats + roof rack and fairing pulled about 20+ car lengths on him from 60 - 120+ 2 times in a row.

He was a good sport about it and proceeded to ask about the mods when we got back home.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Do you mean "in Mexico" wink wink? Or were you actually in Mexico? It does say Virginia in your profile.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Well a few of us went on a spirited drive (in mexico) today and finished on the expressway for some pulls. My full weight + car seats + roof rack and fairing pulled about 20+ car lengths on him from 60 - 120+ 2 times in a row.

He was a good sport about it and proceeded to ask about the mods when we got back home.

💪

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Curious if a stock gti would be able to pull away. Or an R.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I'm a little surprised the R doesn't shut the civic down from a dig.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm a little surprised the R doesn't shut the civic down from a dig.
Haldex vs a much better front setup with a helical limited slip. I'm sure a longitudinal motored awd car would fare better, but Haldex isn't nearly the same thing. Add a mechanical front diff to the R and it would be a much more capable thing.