GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9.2 inch retrofit

Dniel

Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI
Hi!

I'm not sure whether my MK7.5 got a MIB2 or 2.5 unit - tried Googling and can't find any result on the part number. Any idea?

3Q0035842C
H41

Last edited:

SpecFroce

Car(s)
E-Golf MK7
If you have physical buttons on the left and right hand side of your multimedia screen, then you have the older MIB 2. The newer screens have touch buttons for all functions in addition to gesture control.

You need A new screen, glovebox unit, new frame with vents and coding+component protection unlock if you plan on doing the exchange. Look at salvage yards etc for parts. Cars from 2017-2021 should have everything you need.
If you have the same screen as shown here, you have a MIB 2.5 unit: https://www.vag-navisystems.com/nov...cluded-at-hdd-apple-carplay-android-auto/2431

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
AFAIK you can covert MIB2HIGH main unit into MIB2.5HIGH unit.
The same goes for MIB2STD into MIB2.5STD.

Your main unit (3Q0 035 842 C) is MIB2STD (MIB2 Discover Media) and it will not work with 9,2 inch screen. It will work with 8 inch screens (both prefacelight big screen from Discover Pro and postfacelight glass one from Discover Media).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Are there MIB2.5STD (non-Pro) units available? My understanding was that MIB 2.5 was only MIB2.5HIGH (Discover Pro). I could have saved some money, haha.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
MIB2.5 STD (non-pro) was available both as Discover Media (with nav) and Composition Media (without nav).
In both cases with 8 inch glass display: 5G6919605B
MIB2 STD > MIB2.5 STD upgrade does not require changing the main unit. Just software update. If you have Technisat main unit (software version ending with "T") you need to upgrade to software 03xx or 04xx. New software contains support for APP button on the new display, new menu layout, lot of other changes that are not visible for end user.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Gotcha... I guess it's the usual confusion with what "MIB 2.5" actually refers to.

I guess I (and others) referred to everything without the 9.2" screen as MIB II (whether that was 6.5" matte, 8" matte, or 8" glass). Where it seems you are referring to the 8" glass screen as MIB 2.5. Not that it really matters, was just curious.

RedIguana

Car(s)
Tiguan
MIB2.5 STD (non-pro) was available both as Discover Media (with nav) and Composition Media (without nav).
In both cases with 8 inch glass display: 5G6919605B
MIB2 STD > MIB2.5 STD upgrade does not require changing the main unit. Just software update. If you have Technisat main unit (software version ending with "T") you need to upgrade to software 03xx or 04xx. New software contains support for APP button on the new display, new menu layout, lot of other changes that are not visible for end user.
Where do I foind the software to update it?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Dealer will not update MIB2 device with MIB2.5 software. You need to patch the SWDL app in the unit first (without that the unit will also not let you install "unsupported" software), next you need to prepare the MIB2.5 software for it and install it.

There are tutorials and file repositories around the web, but I believe posting links here will be against forum rules.

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
Hello guys,
sorry if I bring this thread back to life.
I have a MIB2 STD Delphi and have installed an 8" glass screen with APP button that doesn't work. So I would like to update the firmware to have the button working.
I currently have this version
3Q0035824A (MIB2 STD Composition Media)
MST2_EU_VW_P0231D_MU0633

and I thought I would switch to this MST2_EU_VW_P0631D_MU0753 by modifying the InstallationManager file with the new variant, copy it back to the MainUnit and then force the update by copying this new version to the SD and proceed from the manual SWDL update menu.

Android Auto that I have OEM active and other factory activations should remain. will the APP button work?
Thank you