GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

8055WAGEN'S 2017 GSW DSG 4MOTION IS38

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
So the 12.73 was with the stock ECU/TCU and a JB4? Impressive. Surprised you were able to cut a 1.93 60’ with the stock 3K launch control. What changed from the 13.33 to the 12.73? Any changes besides the seats? Colder weather? Thanks.

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
So the 12.73 was with the stock ECU/TCU and a JB4? Impressive. Surprised you were able to cut a 1.93 60’ with the stock 3K launch control. What changed from the 13.33 to the 12.73? Any changes besides the seats? Colder weather? Thanks.
Yes that is correct, JB4 only. Hardware was the same between the two, 150lb of seats and spare tire removed. It was roughly the same temperature iirc, jb4 had an additional psi or two across the range and some small fueling level adjustment, but I don't remember the specific settings. Just got lucky with it all, I wasn't able to replicate that time through the rest of the day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Nice, what kind of fuel was the 12.7 on?

Yes that is correct, JB4 only. Hardware was the same between the two, 150lb of seats and spare tire removed. It was roughly the same temperature iirc, jb4 had an additional psi or two across the range and some small fueling level adjustment, but I don't remember the specific settings. Just got lucky with it all, I wasn't able to replicate that time through the rest of the day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I'm a wagon freak so I am really diggin this. I put the Eds R headlights in , great improvement. I just picked up a set of front seats from a 2017 R in excellent condition. I will be installing those over the next few weeks. As I mention before I run the Motegis as well, 17x8 with a 245/45/17 Indy. I love the big tire look, not a fan of a 19" look OR the ride. I almost went with bronze as I have a black car as well. I stayed safe and went black, wish I didn't now!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Were your B8s the 50 mm or 55mm version for the fronts? I want to get new shocks but want to get new spindles from the Alltrack/GTI first.

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Were your B8s the 50 mm or 55mm version for the fronts? I want to get new shocks but want to get new spindles from the Alltrack/GTI first.
Mine are 50mm as I have the OE spindles. Wasn't worth the work or money for me to upgrade.

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
I've been working with George on a JB4 E30 stack for my unitronic tune. He's gotten me to a point I'm happy with for street driving, and we may work on a more aggressive temporary tune while I'm at the 1/4 mile later this month. See my logs below, hitting almost 26 psi taper to 18psi. Around 70 degrees F ambient for these runs.

https://datazap.me/u/8055wagen/e30-unitronic-is20-jb4-stack-5-max?log=0&data=1-4

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Colder months ahead, gotta keep him warm.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Great job!

I'm having issues with my launch as well. Are you experiencing wheelhop? I'm hoping upgrading the springs, struts, and motor/trans mounts helps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Nice run!

Was this with the front and rear seats out again?

No meth right?