GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

8" Screen PN Compatibility Check

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I would like a confirmation that an 8" screen from a Tiguan with the part number 5NA919606 will work in a GTI. I am specifically looking at non-Nav screens, the part number for which is the same, but with "G0" instead of "NA."

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
Below is my 8" non-nav matte (exactly like stock but bigger)
NewDisplay.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Below is my 8" non-nav matte (exactly like stock but bigger)View attachment 166742

Does it have the Voice and Mute buttons in the exact spots as the 6.5" screen? The screens with this part number that I came across have the Mute button in place of the Voice button, and the former Mute button location is taken up by the Setup button, which our NA cars don't have.

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
What about 7C0919606? Looks like the same layout as NA 6.5" with "Radio" replacing "Band" for the upper left button.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
5NA919606 is Non-Nav, with Mute on the bottom left, and Setup on the top right.

5G0919606 is Nav, with voice on the bottom left, and Nav on the top right.

7C0919606 is the one you ideally want. Non-Nav, with Voice bottom left, and Mute on the top right. You're correct that 'Radio' does replace Band on the top left. I believe the button still works, just the wording being different (Radio and Band do the same thing) but I'm not sure.

All of them will "work", but you will loose some button functionality.

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah no VOICE or mute the buttons on my 5NA919606. I Never used them anyway but if they're important to you, this screen would be a prob.
IMG_20200105_145642598_HDR.jpg

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
As you noted I do have a MUTE button. It does work. The SETUP button puts me into SYSTEM SETTINGS, which is kinda redundant but does work.
After about a yr trying to track down other pn's, I finally went w/ this & I'm happy w/ it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
As you noted I do have a MUTE button. It does work. The SETUP button puts me into SYSTEM SETTINGS, which is kinda redundant but does work.
After about a yr trying to track down other pn's, I finally went w/ this & I'm happy w/ it.

Sounds good, mate.