GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7r hybrid turbo

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
I honestly think the stock turbo is just fine for daily fooling around. Just upgrade your fueling, ignition and timing and you’ll be golden. Plus you’ll still have the reliability. Our stock turbos are pretty strong for a tiny turbo. If you’re serious about making power and have the money to replace things that break, then go ahead and upgrade the turbo.

As long as you don't tune the IS38 and expect it to last long. Though, you're right, the IS38 is loads of fun esp with spool times.

slinzx

Car(s)
MK7R
1636443841968.png

any comment? also, how do i see this chart? whats the max HP do you all see.

I notice that gear drop quite slow upon releasing the pedal. I can still be in gear 6 around 1k+ rpm.

where to see where the spooling start?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
View attachment 230049

any comment? also, how do i see this chart? whats the max HP do you all see.

I notice that gear drop quite slow upon releasing the pedal. I can still be in gear 6 around 1k+ rpm.

where to see where the spooling start?
Your max hp is 327.8 at 6,255 rpms and tq is 405NM at 4,609 rpms. It says it right above the Derived Torque graph.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
ya vortex XL.. i'm running on 98.
No, not good. I have full spool in 4th at just over 3200 rpm with the XL on 93 octane. Also, not sure how that dyno reads but if it is an apples to apples comparison you are very low on power, should easily be 450 to the wheels. One more thing, why are you not reving out out to 7200 rpm?