GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

750bhp Stock Motor R.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Not argued...

Just the video title & the way they go on about "stock engine" is soo click baity.......

Personally "stock engine" should mean as it came from the factory.....not a different engine, bigger custom turbo, methanol injection, custom ECU, modified fuelling, bigger modified VWRacingline exhaust, forge air intake, etc., etc..
I'm reasonably confident if I posted my GTI for sale with a "Modified engine" and it had a bigger turbo, meth inj, custom ecu, modified fueling, bigger exhaust, intake, etc., I'd be dragged hard for making a misleading ad since the engine is stock.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
it's moot, vid sounds like he doesn't run it at full rip anyway, at least not until the higher gears. clifs: still no hard upper limit for power.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I went out for a couple of drives with the owner of this car on typically damp and greasy UK roads when it was 'only' pushing out around 550hp and he had a few issues putting the power down then so with around 200hp more I think it would have struggled to produce the 0-60 times you might expect for a car with that a mount of power.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm reasonably confident if I posted my GTI for sale with a "Modified engine" and it had a bigger turbo, meth inj, custom ecu, modified fueling, bigger exhaust, intake, etc., I'd be dragged hard for making a misleading ad since the engine is stock.
For normal people, turbos/fuel injectors are part of the "engine."