Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Do...these people exist?
Sadly, no. I too was a wrangler goober a few years ago and I regretted it even though my Jeep was done very clean. If I get another at some point it’s either going to be an OEM+ type build or retro 80s style, but clean.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I miss this thing...

Attachments

• C3FFC766-A646-4A44-A16E-BFA26331D9D4.jpeg
    C3FFC766-A646-4A44-A16E-BFA26331D9D4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 217
  • 97902662-86A4-48C8-A2C8-3E3C82A3D388.jpeg
    97902662-86A4-48C8-A2C8-3E3C82A3D388.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 223

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It was I, and I’ve yet to find another vehicle as versatile. I can safely tote my kids, 3 large dog crates and a bunch of camping gear at the same time. Simply pointing out that a minivan holds it own in value for the space it provides. I agree they’re ugly, but slammed on Airlift and rolling on 20”s it can be a head turner. It’s a wagon with more headroom 😂
View attachment 202357
Whatever. I stuffed the kids in the back of a Corrado and told them to deal. It more than likely didn't stunt their growth.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
What about the Lotus Elise/Exige?
Didn't like the Exige I tracked, understeered, had low end grunt with the supercharger, but didn't seem to hold it. Brakes were also weird and of course it smelled like glue and a sun visor fell off mid lap too. The Alpina is mich more appealing to me, aside from having a transmission I won't buy.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Hot take: a mini vans silhouette/profile is better than a wagon.

You need help......and a padded cell.

Simply pointing out that a minivan holds it own in value for the space it provides. I agree they’re ugly, but slammed on Airlift and rolling on 20”s it can be a head turner. It’s a wagon with more headroom 😂

But it can't corner and I bet at least half the heads turning are because they can't believe their eyes and want to rip them out. ;)

But like you said, at least they give you the space as a trade off for the ugly unlike useless mini-SUVs.

Ok, so now we're building our own cars?

Easy

RWD Golf GTI W12. But I'd paint it Porsche Graphite Grey Metallic......with a Signal Yellow go-fast stripe.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Didn't like the Exige I tracked, understeered, had low end grunt with the supercharger, but didn't seem to hold it. Brakes were also weird and of course it smelled like glue and a sun visor fell off mid lap too. The Alpina is mich more appealing to me, aside from having a transmission I won't buy.
I hate to say it, but the easy button in that class is a Cayman.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Cayman/Boxster kill another discussion. They really are that good.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Cayman/Boxster kill another discussion. They really are that good.
Shame that you can't get near a six cylinder one for $75k though. The four is a decent motor, but sounds stupid and has noticeable lag. Sounds like they're positioning the replacement to offer a full EV option which could be interesting.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Shame that you can't get near a six cylinder one for $75k though. The four is a decent motor, but sounds stupid and has noticeable lag. Sounds like they're positioning the replacement to offer a full EV option which could be interesting.
Honestly, if I bought another one, I'd get a used 6 cylinder, even if it's slower that the new 2.5l turbo 4.