GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7.5 Golf R Walk around

e3syler

Passed Driver's Ed
I saw this last night and now today. I think the GTI/R gods are trying to tell me something lol I'm really digging the facelift but what I'm really drawn to is that head unit. I'm wondering if there is one for the gti I can retrofit on my 2016 autobahn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ethernautGasMan

When will this refresh hit US dealerships? Impossible for me to Google! I'm loving the changes , virtual cockpit, bump in HP, all LED, hopefully the armrest (US) opens for storage!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Really don't see what all the hype over the golf 7.5s is about. The taillights are nice, maybe the front bumper looks a little better(?), maybe the infotainment screen is a bit nicer (?). That's about it imo. Not a fan of the huge electronic gauge cluster. Everything else seems pretty similar.

Subaru did a similar refresh with the WRX this year. At least they added some cool options like recaro seats, bigger brakes, etc.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Really don't see what all the hype over the golf 7.5s is about. The taillights are nice, maybe the front bumper looks a little better(?), maybe the infotainment screen is a bit nicer (?). That's about it imo. Not a fan of the huge electronic gauge cluster. Everything else seems pretty similar.

Subaru did a similar refresh with the WRX this year. At least they added some cool options like recaro seats, bigger brakes, etc.

I thought it got an Akropovic Titanium Exhaust, the sticky Pirelli Tires, new digital dash, and bigger screen. Those would seem like worthy upgrades to talk about.

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
It looks like in Europe they now have a Performance Package option for the R. Which has the Titanium cat back, brake upgrade, and I believe some suspension tweaks. Also, the new car has the 7 speed DSG which may be a selling point for some. That 7 speed is stronger and has better gear ratios than the current model.

Starshaped

Ready to race!
Just picked up a 7.5 GTD today,not sure I like the digital dash that much but it looks a nice car and drives lovely.

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed

The larger screen is nice, but it kinda breaks up the Feng Shui. Looks a bit out of place to me, like it was jammed in.

I am looking forward to the 7 speed DSG though.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Really don't see what all the hype over the golf 7.5s is about. The taillights are nice, maybe the front bumper looks a little better(?),

The bumper drives me bonkers in a good way. I want it very bad :(

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The larger screen is nice, but it kinda breaks up the Feng Shui. Looks a bit out of place to me, like it was jammed in.

That was my first impression too - it's too big for the space and looks like it was shoe-horned in after the car was originally designed - which it was.

The top-spec model with the biggest screen also has no volume control knob, everything is touch - that's a MAJOR fail for me. I'd opt for one of the 2 smaller options which retain at least the volume knob, and don't look so crammed in there.

Did you see it in the flesh yet? Did you sit in it? Did you drive it? Did
you try the new Discover nav systems? Did you really read about it?

Watching pictures only without reading on the technical changes will
tell you

nothing. :rolleyes:

GTD, GTI Performance and R come with the all-new 7-speed DSG now.
All GTIs and the R come with more power, GTI PP and R also come with
more torque. Both Discover Media and Pro are quicker and smoother to
use. Wireless charging, more advanced driver aid systems, ACC up to
210 km/h, both LED headlights and taillights incl. Dynamic Light Assist,
new wheels, new colors, new 1.5 TSI engine with VTG turbos. Really, is
this nothing? Or isn't it interesting for you since you're an American and
it doesn't matter to you what's avalaible elsewhere? If so, why are you
talking about it at all?

The rest seems similar? Yes, it's a 'facelift', no one said it's an all-new car!

;)

On a side note: What's so a 'worthy upgrade' on a nicer exhaust muffler
compared to a newly developed engine line or LED headlights with DLA?

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
That was my first impression too - it's too big for the space and looks like it was shoe-horned in after the car was originally designed - which it was.

The top-spec model with the biggest screen also has no volume control knob, everything is touch - that's a MAJOR fail for me. I'd opt for one of the 2 smaller options which retain at least the volume knob, and don't look so crammed in there.

Same here. When I did a touchscreen in my GLI way back in the year of our lord 2007, I actually went with a smaller screen simply because it still had the volume knob. Having to use a touch screen to adjust volume is a huge pain in the ass in most cases.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Did you see it in the flesh yet? Did you sit in it? Did you drive it? Did
you try the new Discover nav systems? Did you really read about it?

Watching pictures only without reading on the technical changes will
tell you

nothing. :rolleyes:

GTD, GTI Performance and R come with the all-new 7-speed DSG now.
All GTIs and the R come with more power, GTI PP and R also come with
more torque. Both Discover Media and Pro are quicker and smoother to
use. Wireless charging, more advanced driver aid systems, ACC up to
210 km/h, both LED headlights and taillights incl. Dynamic Light Assist,
new wheels, new colors, new 1.5 TSI engine with VTG turbos. Really, is
this nothing? Or isn't it interesting for you since you're an American and
it doesn't matter to you what's avalaible elsewhere? If so, why are you
talking about it at all?

The rest seems similar? Yes, it's a 'facelift', no one said it's an all-new car!

;)

On a side note: What's so a 'worthy upgrade' on a nicer exhaust muffler
compared to a newly developed engine line or LED headlights with DLA?

Alright bro, keep it in your pants....