GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7.5 Golf R - C-19 Build @ 177 Miles

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
CSF Install while installing the CTS Intercooler. Upgraded Radiator and DSG Cooler. Fit and Finish is wonderful. The chrome is very bling. This is a very messy install while trying to do the radiator and intercooler. But thanks to HumbleMechanic YouTube video.

And word to the wise.....do not buy clumping cat litter to soak up the mess, regular works fine....WTF was I thinking. Also, I had a absorb pad on the shelf..oops

I am having a slight fitment issue with the intercooler piping on the LH side. The boost pipe will not slide all the way back with the radiator there. Others with a Wagner IC says it fits fine, where the CTS outlet is fairly large. I blew the hose off yesterday even with upgraded clamps. I tried to get a bit more room, wasn't too successful, but I tightened it down with all my fat man might, so we'll see how it goes. I'll try the hair spray trick if it pops off again.

For a $100 difference from the big radiator, I was like this is a baby.
Significant difference in the DSG cooler. Fit like a glove. I was reminded why radiator clamps are the devil. I guess I've blocked out past experiences.

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
ECS Subframe inserts. A little pain to get them in, I almost gave up, thankfully ECS has great instructions and said to place a jack under it for 15 minutes. These were for the forward ones. The rear ones went in relatively easy.

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
What kinda sucks is that I sold off a lot of parts from my GTI that I had to rebuy for this build. But such is life.

Fluidampr Install. Golf Rs have the reservoir in front of the crank pulley, so that was a bit messy, thankfully it was just windshield washer fluid and not sticky G13

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Cross Posting from Macan Thread

Goodridge Macan Front Lines, Golf R Rear Lines. I had asked for 24" lines, I should have measured, but I did not see a need for tie wraps when installing. The clip attached to the body of the car will not work, but otherwise good to go.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Installed the NGK racing spark plugs (1 step colder) and the Euro Sport Rear Brace. Definitely many pucker moments drilling into the body of a brand new car. But it's in. I removed the sticker, because they don't sponsor me, and well, it looks cleaner that way, but probably lost 5 hp doing that

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
well the final piece of my FBO came in from e-acca....spare tire foam ....how exciting!...no really.... it was exciting :D

After I get some answers about WMI into OEM throttle pipe and how the throttle body holds up after WMI, and well some courage to do that install (I have the parts), that would be the last part for a while. Car has enough powwwa for now, can't wait to take it to the track.

45 Days/274 miles all items installed ....except BFI mounts (those have been backordered since I got the car)

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Some new track rubber and wheels (same exact wheels as I have now) came in (so now I have 8).

Thanks Tire Rack for the Next Day super fast delivery! and ready for a track weekend this Friday!

50068643671_ca0766066a_c.jpg