GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7.5 Golf R - C-19 Build @ 177 Miles

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Very nice, clean build! Have you looked into oem+ is38 offerings at all? Totally get the classing rules, but I'd look into whether you can get away with a turbo that makes the exact same power with the same internal dimensions but without the oem reliability issues while tuned. The vw/audi shop I use told me to get an upgrade ASAP, as they've seen the oem is38 go in less than 5k after throwing more boost through it.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Very nice, clean build! Have you looked into oem+ is38 offerings at all? Totally get the classing rules, but I'd look into whether you can get away with a turbo that makes the exact same power with the same internal dimensions but without the oem reliability issues while tuned. The vw/audi shop I use told me to get an upgrade ASAP, as they've seen the oem is38 go in less than 5k after throwing more boost through it.
I had the new revision IS38 on my GTI and it was worked well for the 5K miles or so I had it.

Everything seems to be working outside of the issue that I mentioned in the suspension forums, where the ESC keeps kicking back on because of the KW DCC Cancellers. So don't want to really do too much more to the car, and
I really don't feel like spending any more money on upgrades outside of brake pads, etc, or anything safety related.

So if and when this goes boom, then yeah that's a great idea! Until then, I'll keep feeding it the boost.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
My 1,000 mile break-in over the weekend

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Added Kartboy MK7 Exhaust Hangers and it helped with the exhuast moving around, less cause of drone since it can't move much when warming up, and also brought it up closer. One of the best $30+ dollar mods. Highly recommend!

https://www.kartboy.com/collections/mqb-platform/products/mqb-exhaust-hanger-kit

@Rrrrrmatey check this out. Didn't bend the hangers or anything.View attachment 189445

Wow, looks great! Wish I’d known about this before I had people bend stuff 😅