GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7.5 AFS Error - Cornering Bulb Replacement?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I've googled this and the MK7 and MK7.5 are different......the 7.5 uses LED, whereas the 7's use halogen. From what I'm reading, the MK7's were simple to replace....the headlights had an access panel and it was a simple swap out, although awkward from what I've read.

The MK7.5's; however, have a LED bulb (all LED bulb headlight) and I'm reading, the corner bulb CANNOT be replaced.

PLEASE prove that wrong!

I got an intermittent AFS Error several times on a single drive yesterday, and the interwebz say it's a corner light issue....

I'm under warranty, so is this something I need to take the car in for? I mean, it's LAME to take a car in for headlight issues, but if I can't access the headlight unit......

TIA

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Is there any moisture inside headlamp assembly.

MK7s used to have defective headlight seals and i replaced a headlight in my 2016 under warranty.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

MK7s used to have defective headlight seals and i replaced a headlight in my 2016 under warranty.

So I couldn't see anything and it hadn't rained in about 48 hours. Prior to that, my car had just been sitting in my driveway....doing nothing. I'll take it out for a spin later and see if it comes back.

Thanks for the defective seal note....I'll keep that in mind if I have to take it to the dealer.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So no others have experienced this? Weird

E-nigma

So no others have experienced this? Weird

Hey, did you get this resolved? I currently have the same error on my mk7 Golf GTI. It appears everytime I start thhe car. I have a service due at the end of the month so would like to know what the problem is before i take it to VW.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hey, did you get this resolved? I currently have the same error on my mk7 Golf GTI. It appears everytime I start thhe car. I have a service due at the end of the month so would like to know what the problem is before i take it to VW.

It literally NEVER came back. Haven’t seen it come back on since I posted this, so even more weird. Sorry

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.

I just got moisture in mine. :( Guess I have to go to the dealer?

Lee 7.5R

Car(s)
7.5R
Did you ever resolve this? I have the cornering afs error every time I start up. My cornering lights work fine, the headlights dance on start up. Ive tried clearing the code with ODB11. Not sure what’s causing this, although I did manually adjust my headlights about a week before the error started and have tried to acknowledge the basic headlight setting through ODB11.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hope its under warranty.
only under warranty for 3 years according to my dealership

Did you ever resolve this? I have the cornering afs error every time I start up. My cornering lights work fine, the headlights dance on start up. Ive tried clearing the code with ODB11. Not sure what’s causing this, although I did manually adjust my headlights about a week before the error started and have tried to acknowledge the basic headlight setting through ODB11.
I used my OBD to put into basic settings adjustment mode....I manually adjusted them up a tad to where I wanted them, completed the adjustment, accepted the adjustment and since then, I have not received that warning again. Turned car off, then on again to ensure it took.