GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6/30/2020 - Carmax Trade Value

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I took a friend to Carmax today to pick up his car, and he convinced me to get a valuation. I do not want to sell or trade my car at this time. My car is in the sig, has 4950 miles, DSG and stock other than a set of 19x8 Enkei Raijin wheels.

I was offered $31000. About ~$1500 less than what I paid for it used in early March. I asked if the wheels had any effect on their offer, and the appraiser claimed no.

Not much exciting news on this post, just thought someone might find it interesting.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
The only reason I would even consider, and I have, is I literately just Don’t drive anymore now. I am 100% WFH and will be forever more most likely at my employer.

Knowing what I know now from early March, I would have kept the GTI.

It is tempting to just unload this now and buy some beater MK5/6 cash and be done with it.

I always wanted an R, now I have an R, but I have no use for an R lol. Strange days.

I would offload it in a heartbeat lol

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
There's 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
My daily driver has been under a car cover since May due to WFH (from mid-March).. I don't plan to sell her though, just waiting out this pandemic. I might end up suspending the insurance since I've only put 20-25miles since March.. mainly to get the oil up to temp and dry out the mid pipe (I did this twice) when I move the car out of the way for my other cars to get out of my garage.

I've been using my scooter (FiST) to go to the local stores.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
We are WFH forever now where I work. To the point they actually started to demolish the building I was in, and cancelled its replacement and leaving the land empty. They are only finishing one building since it was 80% done. Even in the best of times though, I was only going in 1-2 days a week max as it was. I work in tech. Personally, I'm really happy about it.... this has pulled in my WFH dreams from years out to right now. I had been up and taking off to Germany and working for there (I just enjoy it in Germany lol), and nobody cared. WONT BE happening this year though :(

Again I like the car, I just open the garage door and go "man, that's a shitload of money sitting here doing nothing now". And I'm just a regular Joe, I'm not a car collector or trying to win props points at the cars and coffee. I mean at this point, I have to find excuses to even go drive it. Our other car is a (paid for) NC Miata, which is plenty of fun to drive so usually I just end up driving that since its easier to get in/out of the garage.

I guess more than anything, I wish I didn't have a car note right now. I don't regret the car itself, I just regret getting into another payment right as things fell to hell and a hand basket when the prior VW was paid off. I did drop the insurance not quite to state minimums, but much lower and raised the deductible on the R to $1000.

My daily driver has been under a car cover since May due to WFH (from mid-March).. I don't plan to sell her though, just waiting out this pandemic. I might end up suspending the insurance since I've only put 20-25miles since March.. mainly to get the oil up to temp and dry out the mid pipe (I did this twice) when I move the car out of the way for my other cars to get out of my garage.

I've been using my scooter (FiST) to go to the local stores.

---

Honestly, make me an offer if you want to PM lol.

I got a "beater" '15 GTI and some cash for you lol.

Sorry for the ramble folks. I realize this is about the most first world problem ever. I was telling my passenger this sob story, and why he was like "see what they will offer you then".

Last edited:

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
My vehicle did not like me even playing about selling it to carmax, and rewarded me with a CEL. Looks like the MAP sensor shit itself all the sudden lol.

In she goes for service.

Attachments

• 20200630_180155628_iOS.jpg
    20200630_180155628_iOS.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 134