GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Will take your money and not give you a tune.

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
2018/19 has been a huge pain in the ass for us.
Luckily that should be all solved now that the shop is finally settled

Unfortunately with only 2-3 people we were limited in what we could do.

I havent been pushing Etunes as we havent had much time for them.
once everything is back on track we will resume more Etuning

Navi

Autocross Champion
yes i sure do, that was years ago now
i wont tell you what i really think of Navi and the situation
however he got a refund AND i offered to finish his tune for him
Started a tune in Jan 18 was still sending maps in 3/18 when he filed disputes
he also changed emails a few times which further confused issues
there's always 3 sides to every story here

Why won't you tell us what you really think of me and the situation? Facts are facts. I have all the emails, disputes and dates saved in document that I can post up for everyone to see how you handled it, just incase YOU and everyone else need a refresher. You pretend that you willingly gave me a refund. I had to fight for that money back. I got a refund after months of trying to work with you and after you purposely sending a new log after I filed disputes twice. That's the only way I got 2 revisions. By filing 2 disputes. Then you would send the file literally hours after the dispute was posted. Then you would tell me to remove the dispute. You knowingly kept playing this game until it was pass the point of Paypal being able to escalate things. Luckily I have American Express and they stand behind their honest customers. I don't remember changing emails. I have changed username on this forum once but that had nothing to do with you or anyone else and was quite a while after my failed 5150 tune. If I did change emails it might have been between my paypal and personal email which BOTH have my first name in them which is difficult to mix up with anyone. I find it hilarious that you are trying to say email address were what made it oh so difficult for you to create a tune and reply in a timely manner. And no, there are not 3 sides to every story. Only 2. I also haven't even mentioned how the last tune you sent me had my car running like crap, which I showed 2 people who think you may have sabotaged the tune because it was at the point where American Express was contacting you for a refund. I should load that tune (if I even have it anymore) and datalog to post as proof because I don't want to make thinks up, but I'm too scared my car could blow up.

For PROOF instead of the random accusations by Jon at 5150, I recommend everyone check the following (and these are just a FEW from a quick search. Spend more time and you will find even more):

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/apr-5150-unitronic-or-what.358361/page-2
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-are-on-sale-for-the-month-of-october.358065/
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...obably-stop-selling-tunes-for-a-while.355875/
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/5150-update-wait-time.353390/
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...body-heard-from-5150-in-the-last-week.346498/
All the old G's on this forum know the aurora that surrounds dealing with this business. If you want to start tuning in Winter to have a tune ready for Summer then yeah, it is a good idea.

Why don't you explain all these threads posted above for the Volkswagen community since you so eloquently explained my business interaction with your company. Customer experiences with a business SHOULD NOT be downplayed. It's the customers money you are playing with. Some of us work hard and have expectations for customer service. Sorry to say but you leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully people looking for tunes in the future will research their options before having to make another "5150" thread. Saying 2018 and 2019 have been a huge pain in the ass for you is laughable at best. That is literally 2 years of business! How come other companies have figured it out in 1/4 the time? Throwing that up as an excuse every time gets old. The excuse every time for everyone from 5150 is "we are moving facilities" "we are trying to standardize our base tunes" "I was on vacation" "we are only 2 people". Same excuses for 2-3 years. Nothing will change. Etune time won't change. Keep it real with your customers.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The evidence is overwhelming your honor.

GUILTY

There wasn't really much doubt. Or should I say, there was much doubt. Anyone that takes money for services is not allowed to have two "pain in the ass" years. But, the issue "should be solved"?!

Fast forward to year 2022 and they will be saying: "2020/21 had been pain in the ass years. We possibly solved the problem from 18/19/20/21."

It seems like they aren't doing etunes anymore so and I hope they stick to that until they can offer proper service. There are a lot of choices out there, and the market isn't getting smaller.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Jon comes out of the woodwork to reply about things regarding his business but doesn't come out of the woodwork to finish tunes? Effective time prioritizing? :unsure: Must have a scanner set up to ping him about threads regarding his tunes.

Navi

Autocross Champion
5150 took my money and gave me 5 tunes...LOL

EQT-Vortex w/ HPFP+LPFP = 2 maps one for 91 and one for e48
EQT-Vortex w/ MPI = 2 maps one for 91 and one for e85
Built Block + EQT-Vortex w/ MPI = 1 map for e85

you're local though. Not an etune.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
you're local though. Not an etune.

Mostly true... First 4 maps were done on the dyno and all ran perfectly without any modifications. The fifth map was done on the dyno but when I drove it home the ECU kept throwing me into limp mode on the freeway when I tried to cruise at ~60mph with constant throttle. It was some weird ECU fault that we couldn't get rid of so bascially we re-did the entire map via etune-only. This was done in about 2-3 weeks and about 6-8 map revisions. We finished with the tune on Oct 19th then I took it to the track on Oct 20th and ran 10.800@127

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
2018/19 has been a huge pain in the ass for us.
Luckily that should be all solved now that the shop is finally settled

Unfortunately with only 2-3 people we were limited in what we could do.

I havent been pushing Etunes as we havent had much time for them.
once everything is back on track we will resume more Etuning
Bullshit
5150 took my money and gave me 5 tunes...LOL

EQT-Vortex w/ HPFP+LPFP = 2 maps one for 91 and one for e48
EQT-Vortex w/ MPI = 2 maps one for 91 and one for e85
Built Block + EQT-Vortex w/ MPI = 1 map for e85
So your motto is as long as I am served I dont care how he treats his customers? (y)

Navi

Autocross Champion
whoa whoa whoa... Def valid points @ChrisMk77. And I agree with your sentiment. But let's keep it a little less intense so the thread doesn't get deleted or locked. It's useful information for future people.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Bullshit

So your motto is as long as I am served I dont care how he treats his customers? (y)

I'm pretty sure that vw671's point is that not everyone gets bad service from 5150. I have a friend who is very happy with them also but obviously others have had bad service. That's true of any company. I have no experience with them but would be skeptical after reading this post.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
whoa whoa whoa... Def valid points @ChrisMk77. And I agree with your sentiment. But let's keep it a little less intense so the thread doesn't get deleted or locked. It's useful information for future people.
I just got pissed bc i cant remember how many times I have seen the 5150 inner circle come to his defence every time somebody brings up these issues, meaning they are fully aware of his business practises.