GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Will take your money and not give you a tune.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I realize not everyone has Facebook(I don’t anymore, 2 weeks Facebook sober!), but everything was laid out and discussed/explained in the 5150 e tune Facebook group. Jon was very upfront and honest in that group. Does suck if a customer wasn’t aware or part of that group, though

A facebook post is poor and lazy communication. They should be replying to every email request they get with a message setting expectations.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
A facebook post is poor and lazy communication. They should be replying to every email request they get with a message setting expectations.
Posts. But I agree. I’m not trying to defend/dick ride, just trying to provide context. I’m an “until you’ve walked a mile in another man’s shoes” kinda guy.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Posts. But I agree. I’m not trying to defend/dick ride, just trying to provide context. I’m an “until you’ve walked a mile in another man’s shoes” kinda guy.

Come on, now, you expect customers to sign up on Facebook to have the business tell them that they can't accommodate them? That's just silly.

I wish 5010 all the best and that they have found a suitable location so they can start to repair the damage from issues that the most basic communication would have avoided, but this thread isn't helping that case. Best to stop defending the indefensible and just let them repair their reputation by providing better support and communication.

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
I realize not everyone has Facebook(I don’t anymore, 2 weeks Facebook sober!), but everything was laid out and discussed/explained in the 5150 e tune Facebook group. Jon was very upfront and honest in that group. Does suck if a customer wasn’t aware or part of that group, though

I do not have Facebook, I did however pay for a service and my (many) emails went unanswered. I appreciate the walk a mile in another's shoes perspective, but the issue remains: he continued selling etunes.

If I would have gotten an email stating something to the effect of:

"I'm having a rough go of it, apologies for the delay but I'm ceasing all etune updates for (insert reasonable amount of time) until I can get that straightened out. I am committed to delivering to you what was promised, and to demonstrate that I've stopped accepting new etune customers until I've delivered to all existing customers"

Honestly, I can empathize with that and this post would not be here. Unfortunately, that's not how it went. To his credit, the paypal claim went uncontested. Though I'm not sure if that's because he was too busy, or accepted responsibility.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bring back MySpace

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
So you're confirming the bad experiences people had with the reasons for those experiences. What people are saying is that you should have been upfront about your businesses issues and stopped taking money for things that you couldn't deliver, even if they were outside of your control. That's it. Bad stuff can happen to good people, we all get that, but as a business, you should have adjusted, been upfront, and stopped doing etunes if you couldn't support them. Coming in here and throwing shade on those that had a bad experience doesn't help your business moving forward.

I don't know this company from Adam, but I've been in a lot of automotive communities.

This tends to happen when people who really do love the vehicles try their hand at bringing what they have to offer to the community. The intent is almost always pure.

The problem is, they don't know how to manage a business, and as things pile up, so does procrastination and denial. That can build bitterness and distrust, but there's rarely any genuine ill will behind any of it.

It's not a unique circumstance at all, really, and I wish there was a way for people to just restart the game; because if they could, they'd do a better job next time or license the IP to someone who can. We've all made the same mistakes, but we weren't standing on a soap box at Disney Land when we made them. Life forgot our mistakes, but the web never forgets these.

With money out the door, though, there's no real way to press "reset".

lo-vw

Passed Driver's Ed
yet i have Hundreds of finished etunes... and in person tunes

IDK who you are since you use an alias here
PM me and ill see what i can do for you

I just PM'd you, I really hope you can help, but I hate to be cynical at this point but I have heard this before then silence.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Lol it's pretty easy to put a notice on a website to notify potential/current customers of expected delays or put a halt to sales of custom etunes if demand is overwhelming. Kinda like what eqt is doing.
Screenshot_20200120-153632_Chrome.jpg

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Lol it's pretty easy to put a notice on a website to notify potential/current customers of expected delays or put a halt to sales of custom etunes if demand is overwhelming. Kinda like what eqt is doing.View attachment 163625

Agreed. Not only this I contacted EQT about a e-tune I thought I was ordering. Turned out it was due to a web error but Ed quickly explained and refunded me without me asking. Quick responses being straight forward admitting mistakes went a long way for me wanting to stick with them even if I didn't receive the tune I was expecting on time.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Agreed. Not only this I contacted EQT about a e-tune I thought I was ordering. Turned out it was due to a web error but Ed quickly explained and refunded me without me asking. Quick responses being straight forward admitting mistakes went a long way for me wanting to stick with them even if I didn't receive the tune I was expecting on time.
Ed is the man. Eqt Facebook group is very informative and he'll take the time to respond to questions whenever he can despite how busy he stays.