5150 RACING

Status
Not open for further replies.

fck5150

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti
I know this dumb fuck. He’s local.

You forgot to mention you’ve had issues the ENTIRE time, and STILL have issues with the car to this day!

you hooked up your engine harness wrong and fried your ECU, wired the MPI harness BACKWARDS, among many other errors you’ve made working on your own car when you simply do NOT understand cars. At all.

you changed your setup 5 times DURING the tuning process, and never paid an update fee and bragged about it.

I’m not defending 5150, I’m tuned from elsewhere. I’m just stating the facts of why your tuning experience has been a shit show.

-someone in your MNMK7 group that they booted you from.
I have all the proof I need. To back up my claims. You can say what you want to lol I know who this is.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
This guys been around for decades, TDCtuning back in the early 2000s. Suggest you go with EQT.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Partially true conclusion... this whole thread is going to get deleted, but for those that read this and aren't tuned:

-If you live in SoCal, and can take your car to get tuned by Jon on his dyno, 100% do it
-If you don't live in SoCal and/or want to get an e tune from Jon, 100% don't do it.

/thread

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Marked safe from reading this.

In all seriousness though...why in the hell wouldn't you have picked up the phone and called them when this started?

TheBlackWidow

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Couldn’t even read your gibberish dude, just came to state the facts you left out about your car having issues since you did your first mod and installed the is38 improperly.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Spent 1300.00 on tuning with EQT tuning and got my DSG tune within a week and my base map within the same week.
Now do another post once you've waited 6 months for a revision from Nick :sneaky:

But for real, the custom cobb e-tuners on these cars are garbage. The lesser known guys are fine but there's a good chance you get a shitty map, the wrong map entirely, or no revisions for months with all of the popular ones (sneeky, 5150, eqt, strat, etc.)

Your best bet is to book a dyno session (local or remote) and pay extra to get it all done at once.

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
Lol,

Tldr:

Customer changes mind constantly and set up.

I offer to update and still tune the car for no additional cost.

Customer is asked for information. Doesn't respond...for month. Then complains that I haven't communicated.

I speak with customer on phone. Settle everything and ask for vital info again

Sends wrong info.....

I send tune (Friday) . Won't work due to wrong info. I take a weekend off and now this.

I'm glad it's over
I stopped Taking etunes almost a year ago (shut ordering off on the page) while I clean out any back log

People like Ratep are literally not worth my time

I could post his tirades but tbh idgaf

Thanks for stopping by 👍

fck5150

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti
Why were you trying to race people on a base map...?
Marked safe from reading this.

In all seriousness though...why in the hell wouldn't you have picked up the phone and called them when this started?
Jon picks and chooses who he wanted to actually talk to. If he was such a good tuner he would have such a sucking rep for conning people lol. I don’t care what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.