GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

500+ whp GTI

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
So a 60 - 130 time is my next thing to do. I have a Dragy, just need to find a good spot to do it at.

does your car dead hook third gear full throttle at this power level? my car seems to dead hook 3rd gear with 460whp but my local dyno reads high and I am about to install some power upgrades, so I'm curious how well your car puts this level of "real" power down on your pss4 street tires

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not exactly but similar. After installing the part, Dan told me to adjust my WG to 3.45 and after all that, it was able to spool up quicker.

I'm confused about the part for the WG. Does it work with any turbo and where did you get it?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So you basically turned it into an IS20 WG arm?

I believe so but don't quote me on it.

does your car dead hook third gear full throttle at this power level? my car seems to dead hook 3rd gear with 460whp but my local dyno reads high and I am about to install some power upgrades, so I'm curious how well your car puts this level of "real" power down on your pss4 street tires

Are you referring to from a dig or on the highway?

I'm confused about the part for the WG. Does it work with any turbo and where did you get it?

Not sure and Dan sent me the parts.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
How much sooner does it spool and it that only for an IS38 WG?

Something like 500 - 700 rpms sooner and it's specific only for the DBV2 turbo because of the sizes used for it will not translate over to other turbos. The DBV2 is taller/longer and using one for a different turbo will and can hurt it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Something like 500 - 700 rpms sooner and it's specific only for the DBV2 turbo because of the sizes used for it will not translate over to other turbos. The DBV2 is taller/longer and using one for a different turbo will and can hurt it.

Thanks. I'm disappointed and relieved at the same time.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks. I'm disappointed and relieved at the same time.

It is an extension that allows the A6 or shorter length actuators to be used with our turbos. I have one myself.
Here is a photo of it off DBVs website.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 8.40.22 PM.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It is an extension that allows the A6 or shorter length actuators to be used with our turbos. I have one myself.
Here is a photo of it off DBVs website.

View attachment 177838

I thought it only worked for DBV turbos? I don't know what an A6 actuator is fitted on. I have the TPC20 turbo so would it work on that? I'm guessing not since the TPC20 is actually an IS20.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I thought it only worked for DBV turbos? I don't know what an A6 actuator is fitted on. I have the TPC20 turbo so would it work on that? I'm guessing not since the TPC20 is actually an IS20.

You wouldn't need it since your turbo is an IS20 and using an IS20 WG. And the picture that SugarMouth provided is the exact part. Basically it's adding length and leverage to the WG arm.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Are you referring to from a dig or on the highway?

I just mean if you're cruising at 4k rpm or whatever in third gear and then you go WOT full throttle does your car spin or does it just hook up and go? curious if your car will hook up on the street in third gear on those tires or if you still spin the tires in third gear.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I just mean if you're cruising at 4k rpm or whatever in third gear and then you go WOT full throttle does your car spin or does it just hook up and go? curious if your car will hook up on the street in third gear on those tires or if you still spin the tires in third gear.

It hooked right up without any wheel spin or chirp. Did it on the highway, roughly around 30 minutes ago, and 3rd at 4k rpms had me around 62 - 63 mph, floored it and she took right off without any issues.. Even tried it in 4th gear, which put me over 70 mph, floored it and she took right off.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
show off