GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5 days and 500 miles in a 2014 Wrangler unlimited

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
I second this statement "Maui had the best public drivers roads that I have ever experienced."

If you were anywhere mid-mountain (near the winery). The twisty roads in the area there were absolutely a blast (and dangerous) to drive. And this is coming from someone who lives in PA where no roads are straight or level LOL.

Glad you had fun in the Jeep!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'll never waste my time on Oahu again. I'll be on Kona for this trip but heard Maui is the most scenic of them all so I'd like to visit it eventually. Thanks

If you're a car guy you have to go on the Crater road and on the northern roads... Road to Hana while very scenic was riddled with tourists going 5 mph...

They say 15-20mph... I was going 35-45 all 4 wheels houling in the turns and ESP kicking in... :laugh:
I second this statement "Maui had the best public drivers roads that I have ever experienced."

If you were anywhere mid-mountain (near the winery). The twisty roads in the area there were absolutely a blast (and dangerous) to drive. And this is coming from someone who lives in PA where no roads are straight or level LOL.

Glad you had fun in the Jeep!

I went through/around the entire island... so yes... those roads were amazing.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
I went through/around the entire island... so yes... those roads were amazing.

...and so is the wine there, hopefully you stopped and got/sampled some!:thumbsup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

chip1

Ready to race!
When were you there and where did you stay -

We just got back on 10/11 from Maui and had a jeep as a rental as well. Had a great week there with the jeep/family! One week isn't long enough that is for sure.

When we left Sat morning going back to the airport traffic slowed down at one of the last scenic outlooks as there was a bunch of fire/rescue people there. This was why....
http://mauinow.com/2014/10/11/body-recovered-from-submerged-vehicle-off-of-scenic-lookout/

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
A few more pics...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
When were you there and where did you stay -

We just got back on 10/11 from Maui and had a jeep as a rental as well. Had a great week there with the jeep/family! One week isn't long enough that is for sure.

When we left Sat morning going back to the airport traffic slowed down at one of the last scenic outlooks as there was a bunch of fire/rescue people there. This was why....
http://mauinow.com/2014/10/11/body-recovered-from-submerged-vehicle-off-of-scenic-lookout/

I was there from 10/9-13

We're kind of morning ppl... so we were up 6am... and didn't get back till 8pm... so we covered a lot of ground.. but of course vacation can always be longer.

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Wooot.... what are the deets and what are your plans with it?

Well I've only had it a couple days, Im brand new to the 4x4 world.
Its a black 07 4dr 6speed manual, with the 18s inch wheels and convertible roof. Also have the stereo option!

I have new 18inch monster xd wheels that are supposed to get here today.. paired up with some new meaty tires. Ordered a hardtop for it and 3inch lift kit.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why are you lifting it if you're new to 4x4s... the stock wrangler is already pretty damn high :laugh: Hard top is a good idea.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
Ive done that drive to Hana before in a 2012 Ram 1500, my wife got motion sick. We did the full loop and I just wanted it to be over by the end.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
MPG:
:laugh:
I averaged.... wait for it... 14.9 mpg and that's with 90% highway (in 2wd) and 10% off-roading etc. The jeep only has about a 200-250mile range with its 19 gallon tank. Really pathetic.

Wow. That's about equal to my 1994 (1st gen) Explorer mpg. 19.5 gal tank, 240 miles per tank in town / offroad, 31's and 3.27 gears. Turns 2k rpm at 70 mph, weighs 4,100 lbs.

Off-roading:

I assume it had a manual T-case? It had low range too?