GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4Mo IS38 station wagon vs. the world at VIR

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Some non-roll-racing content.

"I thought I got passed by a minivan."

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I've never wanted a station wagon so bad in my life."

"What the hell is in that?"

FB_IMG_1671241438084.jpg

Screenshot_20230220_055057_Photos.jpg

Vs. C5 Z06 Vette. Start at 5:00 he gets me at 10:00.

Last edited:

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Awesome videos! I'm sure your car is quick, it looks like it has the whole catalog thrown at it. What I noticed from the videos was you look like a really competent driver, using the gatorbacks, not overdriving the car, really good lines. I think it needs to be said that, though the mods helped, you also look like you know what you're doing and that is going to make the most difference. Makes me miss my white 17 just a little.

DevinMK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Sport
The Porsche point-by is a nice touch! I wish I can see the track a bit better, so maybe next time you could try manually setting the ISO and aperture as low as possible to reduce how bright the track ends up. It’s worse when it’s sunny and in an all black interior!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Awesome videos! I'm sure your car is quick, it looks like it has the whole catalog thrown at it. What I noticed from the videos was you look like a really competent driver, using the gatorbacks, not overdriving the car, really good lines. I think it needs to be said that, though the mods helped, you also look like you know what you're doing and that is going to make the most difference. Makes me miss my white 17 just a little.
As usual, driver mod>all but the point was that on the straights, a Porsche was not walking me as I was able to keep up which I thought was pretty cool!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The Porsche point-by is a nice touch! I wish I can see the track a bit better, so maybe next time you could try manually setting the ISO and aperture as low as possible to reduce how bright the track ends up. It’s worse when it’s sunny and in an all black interior!
I know I know...not a photo guy but as I've been told I should be able to set up my GoPro better for that issue.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
As usual, driver mod>all but the point was that on the straights, a Porsche was not walking me as I was able to keep up which I thought was pretty cool!
Definitely cool. I had an instance on the track in our 86 Foxbody where I was tailing a Porsche and had to hot pit because he wouldn't point me by. His excuse was he couldn't see me.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Definitely cool. I had an instance on the track in our 86 Foxbody where I was tailing a Porsche and had to hot pit because he wouldn't point me by. His excuse was he couldn't see me.
I get close to folks' bumper "presenting myself" if I need to get by and I've never had an issue so far at VIR but also running in lower groups where folks tend to be a bit more relaxed/lower ego issues.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion

scrllock

Autocross Champion
porsche owners here are either cayman or carrera guys who dgaf, or GT car owners who will never ever let someone else beat them at HPDE.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
porsche owners here are either cayman or carrera guys who dgaf, or GT car owners who will never ever let someone else beat them at HPDE.
These guys were super cool actually.