GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

450 Walbro Install Question

fishy_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you guys know how to install 450 walbro lpfp without the kit? Any tips and tricks out there? Thanks

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
“Without the kit” in meaning you bought just the pump in efforts to diy and save money?

You will need the spacers, adapter, and retention ring... that’s all custom made from the companies that sell those kits, you could ask APR or PR if they will sell you the needed parts.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
It can be done but you will have a real-time of it. Better off buying the cheapest kit. I'm also frugal bastard. The ring that holds the pump secure though... my thoughts were to wrap the pump with a fuel-proof material to increase the diameter enough that it wouldn't move around horizontally. Or use an epoxy/resin that won't break down to fill the diameter gap. You use clay and mold release spray to pour something and the pump would not be stuck in the mold. The only thing I found was Loctite E-120HP fully resistant to E85 but not cheap.
Once it's inserted into the basket it doesn't have up and down room. The spacers are very basic can be had easy.

Anyways you are free to use my drawings. These are estimates. I take no responsibility for your decisions.
I plan on a full dirtbag write-up for DIY MPI eventually. Still need some work on the fuel controllers. Look at the install guides and McMaster-Carr, you could pull it off

20210221_150414.jpg