GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4" true downpipe

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Super stoked so tomorrow I am having a buddy of mine make me a full 4" dp for my mk7.5 gti. Currently have aprs downpipe with my dbv2 is38 v2. Aprs downpipe is nice and all but i just want something different. The 4" dp will help with flow spool quicker and lower egts so its a win win. Could of just went with trackslags dp but i'm not a fan of how it tapers down to 3". Pic for attention just some material to make the 4" dp waiting on the rest of the material to come in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-182353_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607-182353_Gallery.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 128

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I thought to a degree, a large DP can cause more spooling. Like 3 inch helps the system breathe more but going beyond that don't you have more air to push which can cause less back pressure as well?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I thought to a degree, a large DP can cause more spooling. Like 3 inch helps the system breathe more but going beyond that don't you have more air to push which can cause less back pressure as well?

When you get up to high HP hybrid builds, going above 3" has shown to help. If you're in just a stage 2 with an IS20, 3" is fine.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Wolf was the only one I’ve seen with an up pipe. I’m pretty sheltered though.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Open dump to a 10" long x 6" round pipe right out the hood. It's a fucking Cummins bro.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
That's nearly perfect. The pipe isn't long enough though. Needs to match those l33t extended towing mirrors.

What are you towing?

Your moms tampon.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't know, I think 4 inches all the way back is too much. The Trackslag has a gradual decrease so it's not as bad as you think it would be.
Plus if he has a 3" exhaust it would be suddenly going from 4" to 3"

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I don't know, I think 4 inches all the way back is too much. The Trackslag has a gradual decrease so it's not as bad as you think it would be.
The whole dp itself will be 4" minus where it bolts up to the exhaust there will be a reducer down to 3" to mate to my apr exhaust.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
post up pics when you are done, i am thinking about doing this as well
Will do forsure had a little set back the reducer still hasn't come in yet so we are shooting for Saturday to do it.