GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3rd brake light flash removal

Monty9120

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf mark 7 gtd
I have a 2014 gtd and every time I press the brake the 3rd brake light flashes 3 times

online it says it a euro spec but I’ve seen about 5 2014 golfs now and none of them flash

how do I turn it off thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a 2014 gtd and every time I press the brake the 3rd brake light flashes 3 times

online it says it a euro spec but I’ve seen about 5 2014 golfs now and none of them flash

how do I turn it off thanks
Check the media center settings to see if there's an option to not blink. If not you can most likely do that with OBDeleven or Carista.

Monty9120

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf mark 7 gtd
Thanks all I have removed it
i removed the spoiler which isn’t ideal as one clip broke any idea where I can get them from look on eBay with no luck it’s the white clips ones on the edge?

just to clarify you don’t need to remove the spoiler just the trim inside the boot and Unclip the wiring block in the metal then fish round for this part

Attachments

• 6285A8BF-BCC6-4E21-BD82-E4FDDDF8B70D.jpeg
    6285A8BF-BCC6-4E21-BD82-E4FDDDF8B70D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks all I have removed it
i removed the spoiler which isn’t ideal as one clip broke any idea where I can get them from look on eBay with no luck it’s the white clips ones on the edge?

just to clarify you don’t need to remove the spoiler just the trim inside the boot and Unclip the wiring block in the metal then fish round for this part
At least you found it.